Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
prs700
prs700 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-700
Question What I am doing wrong?

Hi all,
the only solution for the many PDF docs I have is to arrange them into collections, fortunately calibre does this BUT ...
since I had the SONY PRS 505 and now the SONY PRS 700 the tags/collections I made in calibre may or may not show in the reader, is there any solution for this?

here is the behavior i get :
everything goes smoothly in calibre
then I start transferring the PDFs, about 300 of them, I use a 16 GB SD card in my reader
the first time it was beautiful, all the books and tags/collections showed up in the reader, THEN .. I had to add more books, after the transfer process the collections in the reader were showing as 0

I tried transferring the books in batches, things went smoothly with the first few batches, I looked the third batch in calibre (books in the SD card, and the Tags column for the third batch only was empty, the previous batches where showing the tags) when I started the reader after the third batch all the collections were gone.

really really frustrating and a real waste of time, it takes hours for the books to be transferred and for the reader to process them and start (actually it consumes a bit of the battery in processing)
resetting the device didn't work either

any experts out there who can guide me on what to do

thanks

PRS 700
prs700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
prs700

Update:

I formated the memory card,
I formated the Sony prs 700 from the settings menu within the device
I transferred all the books again,
again, the collections show 0!

Now another issue came up, PDF books that I could read before are now corrupted in the reader and connot be read!

Last edited by prs700; 04-11-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Ouch

Hopefully, someone will come along, with more experience than me, to help you out or point you in the right direction.

This is a holiday weekend for some of us and there may not be many around. Keep bumping this for help..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like your reader is having problems. What exactly do you mean when you say corrupted?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
prs700

Thanks dreams,

Kovid; those books do not open (Cannot display this book) or somethign of this sort on the readers screen when I try to open it.
How can I resolve this issue

Regards

PRS 700
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try copying them to your computer. Do they open on the computer?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
prs700

I never delete them from my computer,
I noticed though that they can't be copied to Sony eBook Library (the transfer is stuck at one of the books forever).

Also when I try to change Calibre eBooks folder, Calibre is not able to copy them all to the new folder. does this sound like something with the metadata file?

PS: I read somewhere in the forums that Sony reader does not handle well Collections/Tags more than 45, I reduced mine to 35 and transferred them again, nothing

I was hoping to spend my time reading those books now all I do is transfer the books then delte them againa nd again

PRS 700
Old 04-16-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
prs700

It seems now an issue with the reader processing the many PDF files,
I had a perfectly working smaller SD card of only 2GB capacity loaded with PDF files from Clibre, the first time I inserted it into the reader it was perfect, the second time around, the reader tried to read it then showed no categories and many of the files were corrupted,

(sigh)

PRS 700