Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #181
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
but all table of contents hyperlinks where gone, and I could no longer jump from chapter to chapter through the book on my Kindle. ... Any suggestions?
you may try after indicating the table of content structure in the table of content part of the conversion window. If the book is properly formatted then main titles should be h1 (on MsWord: Heading 1) and so on. for this case you should write //h:h1 on "level 1 TOC", and so on.

For a detailed explanation you can google like: "calibre generate table of content". This post may help also.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #182
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks for this plugin.

It extracts a perfect EPUB (without conversion) from an AZW3 file. As I prefer to build my library on original EPUB sources if possible (meaning, not EPUBs created by a conversion), this opens up a whole new store to buy books from. Thanks; wish I knew this plugin earlier.

There is only one thing I'd like to know. The plugin does not extract a cover. Is this by design? It's not really a problem; I can find a cover within seconds, and put it in using Sigil to complete the EPUB.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #183
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
There is only one thing I'd like to know. The plugin does not extract a cover. Is this by design? It's not really a problem; I can find a cover within seconds, and put it in using Sigil to complete the EPUB.
AZW3s don't HAVE cover pages in the same sense that epubs do (in fact, kindlegen throws those out when converting). There's simply an image that's identified as the cover image (through a meta tag in the opf file whose ID is matched with the image's manifest entry)--which KindleUnpack dutifully recreates.

In short... it's by design. KindleUnpack would need to CREATE an (x)html file containing the cover image from scratch to achieve what you'd like. Manufacturing stuff "not in there" has never been a priority of those who maintain the KindleUnpack core code.

Sorry for the late reply.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #184
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks, I expected as much. I've seen that some epubs actually work in the same way.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #185
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I am having a problem with Calibre crashing when I use KindleUnpack. If I click on KindleUnpack and the book that is currently selected does not have a Kindle format it shows no suitable format, which it should. If I then select a Kindle book and click on KindleUnpack Calibre crashes with the following error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: calibre.exe
Application Version: 1.7.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5260d79f
Fault Module Name: QtGui4.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.8.4.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 51a1e64f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000d3d3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #186
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll take a peek when I get near a PC and see if I can duplicate it. I see you're using v1.7 of calibre, I'll assume you're using the latest version of the Plugin?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #187
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I updated all of my plugins when I updated to 1.7. I forgot to mention I have win 7. It only happens if I click on it in the order I gave, so as long as I stop clicking where I shouldn't it's not a big deal.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #188
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I updated all of my plugins when I updated to 1.7. I forgot to mention I have win 7. It only happens if I click on it in the order I gave, so as long as I stop clicking where I shouldn't it's not a big deal.
I've been able to duplicate the issue ... even on older versions of calibre and Windows. I know where to start looking, at least.

Thanks for the detailed steps to reproduce the issue.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #189
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I think I tracked it down and have found a way around it, but it's weird ... I've never really seen a situation where calling an internal calibre function resulted in a crash like that, instead of a trappable error.

Anyway ... I always like to play around with a "fix" for a while before I release it. I may even wait and see if there's any pending updates to the core engine before releasing the fix. We'll see.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to attach a test version of the plugin here. That way, anyone can help test it (install manually) to make sure I didn't break something else before I roll the update out "officially".

EDIT 2: Beta version of the plugin removed since the changes have now been incorporated in the "official version in the first post.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-26-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #190
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I just installed it and it looks good. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #191
knghcm
knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.knghcm knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Glowlight
I'm converting an AZW4 file which looks perfectly find on Kindle PC but when converted to PDF started having small "glitches" on the page, such as the letters "fi" now appears as a registered trademark symbol (r in a circle). What could have possibly led to that? And more importantly, how can I fix it?
knghcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #192
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knghcm View Post
I'm converting an AZW4 file which looks perfectly find on Kindle PC but when converted to PDF started having small "glitches" on the page, such as the letters "fi" now appears as a registered trademark symbol (r in a circle). What could have possibly led to that? And more importantly, how can I fix it?
Boy, I'm at a complete loss. I assume you're talking about using KindleUnpack to extract the pdf from the azw4 rather than actually converting it. I can't think of a single reason why extracting the pdf from its mobipocket/palm wrapper would affect the content of the pdf.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #193
blake_n
blake_n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC (Windows)
This plugin works great! I've just got a, hopefully simple, UI question. I glanced through all previous pages to find an answer to this, forgive me if I missed it.

Upon first installing the plugin, I selected all options for displaying the KindleUnpack icon (on the top bar, bottom bar, context menus, etc.). Text in the following popup explained how I might change this later if I so wish, but I don't recall its instructions now.

How do I remove the KindleUnpack icon from one or more of the places that I have told it to appear in the calibre UI upon first installation? It's showing up on the top and bottom of the window, and I really only need it on the top and in the context menus.
blake_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #194
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

That's just a general calibre ui question. It's the same for all plugins (the ui plugins, anyway). I don't recall "precisely" where it's done, but under calibre's Preferences, it can be found somewhere like Appearances/Toolbars. Or some such.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #195
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_n View Post

How do I remove the KindleUnpack icon from one or more of the places that I have told it to appear in the calibre UI upon first installation? It's showing up on the top and bottom of the window, and I really only need it on the top and in the context menus.
Preferences: Toolbars: <select toolbar>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi