I have sony PRS-500 for auction at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320154963540

incase somebody is interested.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
|2eason
Connoisseur
|2eason is on a distinguished road

Device: Tatung Tablet
You'd have got a higher price if you had shipped internationally I suspect. I also note that you copied the listing detail from an ebay trader. I noticed because they have a unique way of writing their description, by merging the minimum specifications for the Connect software with the specifacations for the reader, making the reader seem better than it actually is.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:31 AM   #3
ankitj
ankitj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks for your feedback.

I am actually willing to ship internationally to certain countries. Just want people to contact me first before bidding. I do not a have a lot exeprience with this and just want to minimize chances of fraud, that some people have reported with international transactions.

You are also right about copy paste of description of another auction. I assumed people bidding from this already know about the product, so just copied what seemed standard specs from the first auction I could find .
Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
Thanks for your feedback.

I am actually willing to ship internationally to certain countries. Just want people to contact me first before bidding. I do not a have a lot exeprience with this and just want to minimize chances of fraud, that some people have reported with international transactions.
The problem is, though, that if you don't specify international shipping in your auction, people from other countries won't see it at all.

Eg, when I go to "ebay.co.uk" (the British eBay web site) I won't see auctions which are "US only", just as when you go to the US version of the site, "ebay.com", you won't see UK-only auctions.

Remember that most people outside the US will be using their own country-specific version of eBay, not the US site.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
ankitj
ankitj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Interesting, I didn't think about that before. It looks like ebay doesn't have an option to add international shipping one a bid has been placed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The problem is, though, that if you don't specify international shipping in your auction, people from other countries won't see it at all.

Eg, when I go to "ebay.co.uk" (the British eBay web site) I won't see auctions which are "US only", just as when you go to the US version of the site, "ebay.com", you won't see UK-only auctions.

Remember that most people outside the US will be using their own country-specific version of eBay, not the US site.
Closed Thread