Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Calibre Server

I definitely have a problem with the Calibre Server which is only listing 250 of my books (there are many more in the Calibre library) as well as not listing recent additions under Newest, and only finding a few, if any, books in my various virtual libraries. This is happening accessing Calibre Server via Desktop browser, iPad browser and within Marvin. I did a check within Calibre itself using the test server function and identical errors. Think this may have happened with last Calibre software update?

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarrow View Post
ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
The content server seems to working fine for me and finding all the books I permit it to find. Look under Preferences - Behavior and change the virtual library to apply when the current library is opened to blank.

Update: The proper area in preferences to look is Preferences - Sharing over the net - Virtual library to apply.

This setting is not a virtual library to start in, this setting restricts the content server to finding books only in this virtual library. What you are seeing is this restriction applied across everything you are trying to view.

Update2: I just discovered what may or may not be a bug. When I start the content server it automatically assumes that I want to limit it to the current VL I am in. If you do not have a "Virtual library to apply" set in preferences and you wish to see all books make sure you are not in a Virtual library or have the All books tab selected if you are using the VL tabs when you start the content server

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-03-2013 at 12:48 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@Kovid - I just discovered what may or may not be a bug. When I start the content server it automatically assumes that I want to limit it to the current VL I am viewing at the time I start the CS. Is this what is intended?

Additionally if you have a VL set under Preferences - Sharing over the net - Virtual library to apply and you are currently looking at a VL that is outside the restriction the Content server will give a No books error on every item. Essentially placing a further restriction on the initial VL restriction set in preferences.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
@Kovid - I just discovered what may or may not be a bug. When I start the content server it automatically assumes that I want to limit it to the current VL I am viewing at the time I start the CS. Is this what is intended?
No it is not, will be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The content server seems to working fine for me and finding all the books I permit it to find. Look under Preferences - Behavior and change the virtual library to apply when the current library is opened to blank.

Update: The proper area in preferences to look is Preferences - Sharing over the net - Virtual library to apply.

This setting is not a virtual library to start in, this setting restricts the content server to finding books only in this virtual library. What you are seeing is this restriction applied across everything you are trying to view.

Update2: I just discovered what may or may not be a bug. When I start the content server it automatically assumes that I want to limit it to the current VL I am in. If you do not have a "Virtual library to apply" set in preferences and you wish to see all books make sure you are not in a Virtual library or have the All books tab selected if you are using the VL tabs when you start the content server
BRILLIANT. PROBLEM SOLVED. SO PLEASED!!!!!!!!

Many thanks.

Ken
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote