Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #121
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Navy Exchange Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Store --- Fri 29 Nov @ 5am local
  • Cyber ---

Navy Exchange 2019 Black Friday Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 60-page Navy Exchange Black Friday ad scan!

Navy Exchange is closed on Thursday. You can shop online but no starting time is stated in the ad. Most stores will open at 5am on Black Friday, but double-check your local store's times so that you aren't left standing in the cold. They have fast and FREE shipping to your nearest Navy Exchange. But, keep in mind, you will need to be an authorized patron to shop this event.

more...
Discount Programs -- save additional money by using these offers
  • Note ----- Attn Veterans -- vets are now authorized to shop at the online exchanges

• Coupon -- $10 off $70+ (code: SNEAKPK19) -- details -- 25~27 Nov
  • Coupon -- $10 off $75+ (code: WEREADY) -- details -- 30 Nov

Tablets
  • $30 ---- ad scan -- Fire Tab 7 (7.0", 8GB) -- which gen ???
  • $50 ---- ad scan -- Fire HD 8 (8.0", 16GB)
  • $90 ---- ad scan -- Galaxy Tab A 7 (7.0", 8GB)
  • $120 -- ad scan -- Galaxy Tab A 8 (8.0", 32GB)
  • $199 -- ad scan -- Apple iPad 9.7 (9.7", 32GB, 6th gen)
  • $650 -- ad scan -- MS Surface Pro 6 (12.3", 8GB, 128GB, Core i5)
  • $899 -- ad scan -- MS Surface Pro 6 (12.3", 8GB, 256GB, Core i5)

Media Players
  • $19 -- ad scan -- Echo Dot 3
  • $47 -- ad scan -- Amz Echo 2
  • $47 -- ad scan -- Echo Show 5"
  • $19 -- ad scan -- Goo Home Mini 1
  • $29 -- ad scan -- Goo Nest Mini 2

Computers
  • Acer ---- 06
  • Apple --- 10
  • ASUS --- 06
  • HP ------ 01 | 07

Digital Storage
  • mSD Flash Card -- 13
  • USB Flash Drive -- 07
  • Ext Hard Drives -- 07

Accessories
  • BT Spkrs --- 12

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-30-2019 at 06:56 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #122
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Instead of buying cheapie brand new laptops, what I did was buy a used ThinkPad X131e, i3-3227u, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro netbook on ebay for $100 (corporate off-lease) and replaced the HDD with a $50 500GB SSD.

I use it to run Calibre, etc. While it's not blazing fast, it runs pretty decent.
Sounds like a good deal - did you also price used Surface tablets?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #123
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Sounds like a good deal - did you also price used Surface tablets?
I don't think I got that far in my search. I had the results sorted by Buy It Now price low to high and only checked up to $200.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:23 AM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Walmart Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Preview -- Th 14 Nov @ 12am ET -- online only
  • Pre-BF ---- Fri 22 Nov @ 12am ET

• Online -- We 27 Nov @ 10pm ET
  • Store --- Thu 28 Nov @ 6pm local
  • Cyber ---

Walmart 2019 Black Friday Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 32-page Walmart Black Friday ad scan!

Walmart's Black Friday deals will begin at 6PM on Thanksgiving. Online shoppers can start shopping at 9PM ET on Wednesday, November 27th.

Don't want to wait until then? Walmart also has a 4-page "Buy Now!" ad scan with early Black Friday deals that you can shop now.

You can also finally access your store-specific Black Friday store maps, which will help you decipher just where you need to go exactly when shopping in-store. Since a line will probably form before doors open, you'll want to get to the store early in order to secure your best chances at getting any doorbusters that aren't available online. Some stores will even be offering coffee, hot cocoa, and snacks at 4PM on Thanksgiving.

more...

Tablets
Media Players
Smartphones
  • Premium -- 10 -- Apple, Samsung
  • Prepaid ---- 11 -- Apple, LG, Samsung ($99 ~ $399)
  • Prepaid ---- 12 -- LG, Nokia, Samsung ($20 ~ $49)

Computers
  • Chrome --- 08
  • HP.com --- 07 | 08
  • onn.com -- 07

Digital Storage
  • mSD Flash Card -- 09
  • USB Flash Drive -- 08

Accessories
  • BT Spkrs --- 05
  • Pwr Bank -- 11

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:41 AM   #125
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I don't think you posted this, Monkey. Apologies if you did!

Black Friday 2019 deals on Amazon devices

The new 10" Fire Tablet will be $100, with a trade in I expect to pay $70. (Not sure how that works, if I pay first and get the discount after I send in my trade? But I'm gonna find out!)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:53 AM   #126
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I don't think you posted this, Monkey. Apologies if you did!

Black Friday 2019 deals on Amazon devices

The new 10" Fire Tablet will be $100, with a trade in I expect to pay $70. (Not sure how that works, if I pay first and get the discount after I send in my trade? But I'm gonna find out!)
See post 100

When I traded in an Echo Dot 2 for an Echo Show 5 during Prime Day, I was given an instant $5 credit for the Dot and a 25% off credit for any new Echo product. I had so many days to mail the Dot back to Amazon or I'd lose the deal.

I applied the 25% credit to a Show 5 and Amazon subtracted the 25% from the full price of the Show and not the sale price. That made the final discount even greater.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #127
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Any online deals on the Roku Ultra? Need to get those for my mom and aunt so they can watch their TFC (The Filipino Channel).
It's $48 in Walmart's BF ad.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #128
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
See post 100

When I traded in an Echo Dot 2 for an Echo Show 5 during Prime Day, I was given an instant $5 credit for the Dot and a 25% off credit for any new Echo product. I had so many days to mail the Dot back to Amazon or I'd lose the deal.

I applied the 25% credit to a Show 5 and Amazon subtracted the 25% from the full price of the Show and not the sale price. That made the final discount even greater.
Thanks! That's good to know! I have 2 tablets to trade in. I think I'm gonna trade one of them in on a Dot 3. Or do you think the Show 5 is really worth it? I have considered it for the bedroom.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #129
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Thanks! That's good to know! I have 2 tablets to trade in. I think I'm gonna trade one of them in on a Dot 3. Or do you think the Show 5 is really worth it? I have considered it for the bedroom.
You can only trade Echo devices for other Echo devices and Fire Tablets for other Fire Tablets. Cross trading isn't allowed.

I have two Dot 3s synced as a stereo pair and a Show 5. If I could only have one Echo device, I'd go with the Show 5. The speaker is a tad bit larger than the Dot 3, so the sound is a bit better. The killer feature is the 5.5" display. The Show makes a most excellent clock radio for the nightstand. It's just the right size; not too large and not too small. Sometimes I use it to watch Bugs Bunny cartoons on YouTube. You can also use it in the kitchen to display recipes and cooking videos.

The Dot 3 will sell for $22 during BF and the Show 5 will sell for $50. The Navy Exchange (if you qualify) will be selling them for $19 and $47 respectively (plus no sales tax).

Amazon Trade-In Program

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-14-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:17 PM   #130
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You can only trade Echo devices for other Echo devices and Fire Tablets for other Fire Tablets. Cross trading isn't allowed.
And, sadly, it apparently needs to be a previous-generation device in the category. I can't trade in my Dot3 for an Echo Show, or any other Echo device.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:27 AM   #131
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
And, sadly, it apparently needs to be a previous-generation device in the category. I can't trade in my Dot3 for an Echo Show, or any other Echo device.
And the Dot 1 isn't even on the list to trade in. I'm not giving up my Dots, so I'll pass on the Show 5. If I saw one in person, I might be persuaded. But that's not going to happen.

I will be buying 1 or 2 new Dot 3's.

I am going to trade my 1st gen Fire TV box in for the 4K stick though, net cost $13 I think, and that Fire TV isn't doing me any good sitting in a drawer!
Old 11-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #132
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
When I go to the item page and click on "upgrade", it shows my Dot 3 as eligible; it's worth $5.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:07 AM   #133
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
And the Dot 1 isn't even on the list to trade in. I'm not giving up my Dots, so I'll pass on the Show 5. If I saw one in person, I might be persuaded. But that's not going to happen.

I will be buying 1 or 2 new Dot 3's.

I am going to trade my 1st gen Fire TV box in for the 4K stick though, net cost $13 I think, and that Fire TV isn't doing me any good sitting in a drawer!
The comments on the Show had me look, but I'm really going to restrict myself to trivial outlays. I've got a non-working Echo Gen 1 around here and I'll swap that out for a Dot 3. Along those lines, I hadn't been thinking of a Fire stick, but I could do a trade-in on that for very little and it might be valuable to someone.

The other thing about the Show is that for a relatively similar outlay on Black Friday you can pair an HD 8 with the display charging dock (whatever they call it) and it's a lot more versatile as well as having a bigger screen. But sometimes smaller is better and the audio isn't good.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #134
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I think they probably disassemble some of the older items they take as trade-ins to reuse (recycle) the electronic components. A lot of companies do that these days. Much better than sending them to a landfill. So even nonworking devices are probably worth at least a little bit to them. If nothing else they can use the parts to repair and refurbish items sent back as returns.

I’ve never taken advantage of the trade-in program, opting to sell my old items on eBay or gift them to others. But it seems the best part of the trade-in deals is often the included 25% discount for the new item being purchased. They do have rules though, like only being able to trade-in one old item on one new item, at least when I checked into it several months ago.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:37 AM   #135
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Preview -- Sa 09 Nov @ 12am ET (online) | 7am local (store)

• Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Store --- Fri 29 Nov @ 7am local
  • Cyber -- Mo 02 Dec

Sam's Club Black Friday Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 16-page Sam's Club Black Friday ad scan!

Doors will open at 7AM on Black Friday. No online sale start time is given, but last year the sale started at midnight ET. Prices will be valid from Black Friday through Sunday, December 1st.

This ad is filled with deals on TVs, smart home equipment, homegoods, and much more. No Sam's Club membership? You'll need one to shop deals and avoid surcharges. Groupon has them available at a discount right now.

more...

Media Players
  • $129 -- ad scan -- Goo Nest Hub (2-pk) -- 50% off

Computers
Accessories
  • BT Spkrs --- 05

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-25-2019 at 08:35 AM.