Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #256
Rickkins
Connoisseur
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Just starting the process here, with my new paperwhite. Hope it works. I did manage to get my first paperwhite modified, the original I guess they call it v1, and I simple could never go back.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:10 AM   #257
hius07
Addict
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Has anybody tried to install factory 5.10.0.2 to the device shipped with 5.10.0.1?

I'd assume it can be done and we do not need factory 5.10.0.1 at all.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #258
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Has anybody tried to install factory 5.10.0.2 to the device shipped with 5.10.0.1?

I'd assume it can be done and we do not need factory 5.10.0.1 at all.
coplate did. After installing factory 5.10.0.2, installing 5.10.0.1 is no longer an option.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #259
hius07
Addict
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
coplate did. After installing factory 5.10.0.2, installing 5.10.0.1 is no longer an option.
Well, and we don't need it as jailbreak will be installed over factory 5.10.0.2.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:42 PM   #260
nkahoang
nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.nkahoang got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Paperwhite 4 32GB with LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokera View Post
I installed 5.10.2 and now when I click KUAL it says "Application Error. The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Is there a way to fix this?
Fixed it, just simply reinstall.

Download the latest KUALBooket-complete (at this time of writing: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...5&d=1544400165), unzip, put the .bin file to mrpackages folder, unplug then type ;log mrpi in the search bar.

I'm also on 5.10.2 now
nkahoang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2018, 07:10 AM   #261
Uphantom89
Uphantom89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I'm very new to Kinlde jailbreak, could you help to advise: Do I have to remove special offer before process with your instruction? As my pw4 is shipped with special offer. thank you
Uphantom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #262
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphantom89 View Post
I'm very new to Kinlde jailbreak, could you help to advise: Do I have to remove special offer before process with your instruction? As my pw4 is shipped with special offer. thank you
It is considered to be a good idea by those that know the most. Most of the rest of us don't see the need to take on an added risk of something going wrong.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #263
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphantom89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
It is considered to be a good idea by those that know the most. Most of the rest of us don't see the need to take on an added risk of something going wrong.

We have never seen any problem installing the jail break on devices with special offers.
BUT the special offers can interfere with recovering from jail break attempt failures.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:52 AM   #264
CaesarW
Linux enthusiast
CaesarW began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 PW4 (all jb)
Anyone updated to 5.10.2 and survived?
CaesarW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #265
dpk
dpk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
An unrelated question - Does any Kindle Collections plugin works good now? Have tried on my PW3 and PW4 devices and it does not work. Per Calibre everything good but the device is not showing the Collection. Sorry about asking this question here, as this is irrelevant topic here, but I do not see any other active thread talks about "Kindle Collection"
dpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:44 PM   #266
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
An unrelated question - Does any Kindle Collections plugin works good now? Have tried on my PW3 and PW4 devices and it does not work. Per Calibre everything good but the device is not showing the Collection. Sorry about asking this question here, as this is irrelevant topic here, but I do not see any other active thread talks about "Kindle Collection"
I use LibrarianSync. Works fine on both PW3 (5.9.6.1) and PW4 (5.10.1.2).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:22 PM   #267
dpk

@ilovejedd - Thanks many. I'm trying with librarian sync now.. The updating collections step taking forever to complete...

The status bar stays at "Updating Collections (from Calibre)..." even after 5 minutes after clicking Update collections. Does this mean, the update on going still?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #268
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
@ilovejedd - Thanks many. I'm trying with librarian sync now.. The updating collections step taking forever to complete...

The status bar stays at "Updating Collections (from Calibre)..." even after 5 minutes after clicking Update collections. Does this mean, the update on going still?
Did you install the Python package on the Kindle?
It is a requirement.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:42 PM   #269
dpk

Yeah I do have python installed in (fonts hack works good). I suspect I'm not holding the right version of fonts hack module. My PW3 is not doing update collection cleanly at the same time my PW4 refuse to install the package. May be I'm trying with the older version.

Package 'Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5.bin' (librariansync 1.10 kindle5) is not targeting your device [0PP vs. 11 0F xxxxx], skipping . . .

Last edited by dpk; 01-02-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:03 AM   #270
dpk

Can anyone guide me on how to build the GIT repo code into .bin or the extensions (ready to use on device)?

Tags
jailbreak, pw4