Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
MightyMauz
MightyMauz began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Schedule news, but manual download

Hi, I would like to download a couple of news sites daily, but the problem is that I don't always have cheap internet. When I had, I scheduled the news feeds download for 5.30 AM. But now, I would like to download all my news with one push on the button, when I have broadband available. The problem is that I can schedule news, but that means I have to make a time schedule, which means that when I missed a schedule, are on expensive UMTS connection, and start calibre, it costs me a lot of money.

And when I don't schedule, I have to download all 16 news feeds manually. So I would like to have a schedule option available, where I don't have to choose a time.
Or is there something I am missing?
MightyMauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMauz View Post
But now, I would like to download all my news with one push on the button,
Just click the drop down arrow to the right of the fetch news icon. One option is to download all scheduled news sources.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
MightyMauz
MightyMauz began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Yes I know that, but in order to do that, you have to have news scheduled.
MightyMauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMauz View Post
Yes I know that, but in order to do that, you have to have news scheduled.
Schedule it for every 99 days, the count time until the scheduled download resets every time you download it manually, so as long as you keep downloading the news you'll never reach 99 days.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote