Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Little Miss Straight Lace Blog Contest - Win $25 Cash!

The Story:
What happens when a dedicated researcher learns a bit too much about her client’s newest pharmaceutical product? Her life begins to spin out of control, and a dashing computer security expert from South America seems the perfect antidote. But is his sudden arrival just the happy coincidence it seems? Find out in this complex novel of suspense, humor, and romance that takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of murder, mayhem, sex, and drugs—of the pharmaceutical variety, of course—until the very last page. Approx. 180K words.

Praise for Little Miss Straight Lace:
“Romana’s characters are portrayed with skill, each is a credible person filled with foibles, warts and gaffes…the various twists and turns are handled with skill, are easily followed, and add depth and dimension often lacking in works provided by newer writers…Maria Romana’s Little Miss Straight Lace is a fast paced, keep ‘em guessing and turning the page type read sure to intrigue readers who enjoy good writing, a bit of romance, a lot of action, and a downright good read...”
—Molly Martin, Midwest Book Review.

"There is one thing for sure, the reader is in for a rollicking ride. It is full of suspense and mystery along with romance and humor. A very enjoyable read."
—Readers Favorite, an Amazon Vine™ Voice reviewer.

“…a great beach read…all the ingredients for a story that’s hard to put down…”
—Author A.J. Braithwaite.

Read a sample online here: Little Miss Straight Lace Sample.

Buy it now: Amazon ($3.79) or Amazon UK (£2.82) — Kindle or Kindle-for-PC, or Smashwords PDF, mobi, epub ($3.79)

* Check my purchase page for more file formats *

Learn more about the book, contact me, or check out other features at MariaRomana.com. See you there!

--Maria Elizabeth Romana

Last edited by meromana; 12-05-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Information changed
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
More information for anyone wishing to enter the contest can review the Contest Rules for the "Readers Favorite Book Awards," with this link:

http://contemporary-romance-books.com/ReadersRev

Initial Entry Fee is $85.00

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-26-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
More information for anyone wishing to enter the contest can review the Contest Rules for the "Readers Favorite Book Awards," with this link:

http://contemporary-romance-books.com/ReadersRev

Initial Entry Fee is $85.00
Don
I should point out, however, that the 2010 Awards are closed, but the 2011 window is open until June 1st, 2011. They will be announcing the 2010 winners in early Sept. I have my fingers crossed...

--Maria
Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
meromana
Zealot

The contest winners haven't been announced yet, but one of the contest readers just posted her review on Amazon, so we're getting close. She gave it 5 stars, and from what she says in the review, I can see that she fell for all my red herrings...I'm in my happy place now .

--Maria
Old 09-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Your book sounds really good. I thought I'd posted here before because your title intrigued me, but maybe I just looked. I don't have my Kindle yet. I'm putting your book on my list of books to buy when I get my Kindle in a few weeks.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption-99 cents at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
meromana
Zealot

I'll look forward to hearing what you think!

--Maria
Old 09-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
meromana
Zealot

Well, I finally got the word--Gold Medal Winner! I know it's a small contest, but it still made me feel really good to know that there are folks out there who will be moved, touched, or just plain entertained by my words.

--Maria
Old 10-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
meromana
Zealot

To coincide with press releases from Readers Favorite about the awards contest, and to give back a little of the love I've received, I'm putting Little Miss Straight Lace on sale for the next week for only 99 cents, so if you've been thinking about it (or even if you haven't!), now's the time to jump in.

The book is available at Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, and a few other places. See my purchase page for buy links and coupons at the various sites.

Cheers,
Maria
Old 10-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Dare I point out that the term is strait, referring to the tightness of lacing?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
meromana
Zealot

Wow--you got me! I honestly didn't know that was the preferred term, but I looked it up, and you are right: strait-lace is the original term, and straight-lace is considered an alternative spelling. Had I known that, I would have gone with the former, though I guess I'm not alone. I had a bunch of beta readers, and I've had several professional reviews, and no one has ever mentioned that.

I have to say, I'm thinking of changing it now, since I've had no end of problems with the title words being too long. One of the big advantages of digital publication, right?

--Maria
Old 10-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There are a lot of misused straits out there (Gibralter not included). "Strait-jacket" is another one that gets abused (a constricting jacket, not a direct one). Likewise "strait and narrow" (the path may very well be twisty, in fact; the important part is that it's tight). Just remember the maritime straits and you'll keep it straight.

"Free reign" is another one: no, it's free rein, though I suppose that has been a bit less obvious since people stopped riding horses and allowing them to choose their own paths. I want to smack people who talk about pouring over documents; aside from the question of what they're pouring, it's poring. Yes, I occasionally get irritated enough to complain to various news outlets -- I even snail-mailed an AP Stylebook to a reporter once!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Congrats! And thank you, I've already got it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
meromana
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Congrats! And thank you, I've already got it.
Oh, no, thank you!

And, Worldwalker, thank you for the link. That list on your site is very succinct. You hit all the most common ones (lose & loose--my personal pet peeve!).

--Maria
Old 11-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
meromana
Zealot

Hey Folks,

I just posted my first blog contest as a way to increase traffic. It only takes 5 minutes to enter, and you can win $25 via PayPal or a $25 Amazon GC--your choice. Doesn't matter if you've already bought the book or looked at it before; it's all about winning a little Holiday Green...so you can add even more books to your TBR!

Thanks for playing,
Maria

Romantic Suspense Books Cash Giveaway
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
meromana
Zealot

Just added a half-off book sale to the Thanksgiving festivities, so now you can save up for the holidays in two ways: buy Little Miss Straight Lace for $1.89 or win yourself the $25 cash prize (free and easy to enter).

See you there,
Maria

Tags
mystery, mystery romance, romance, romantic suspense, suspense