Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Internal Links???

I have a ebook that has hyperlinks that are internal to the ebook. They are maps. Basically its a ebook about Germany during WW2. After the cover and introduction there is a section of about 12 link which when you click on them in Calibre they open up inside the Calibre ereader. Is there a way for the PB360 to open these links? I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Depends on the format.
ePub hyperlinks work fine.]
HTML, depends.
PDF, I don't know...
(I avoid PDF like the plague.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

This would be in epub format. Everything of mine is in epub. I only have two PDFs out of 300ish ebooks.

Ok so they work. Great. How do you make them work (open). How do you highlight the link to then click ok so that it opens?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

OK figured out the "enter links" mode. But for some reason when I choose the link it doesn't open.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
How did you get it to work? I've got a lot of html files with hyperlink tables of contents and I cannot figure out how to use them. I'm wondering if your method would work for them.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
How did you get it to work? I've got a lot of html files with hyperlink tables of contents and I cannot figure out how to use them. I'm wondering if your method would work for them.
Lets see if I can remember lol.

Ok, this seems odd because I checked everywhere else so I figured I would check in KeyMapping. I went in there and went onto one of the keys that had no binding. Which happened to be Up (hold) key (which is the silver rim thingy. I then set it to 'enter links mode'. So now when I am in part of the ebook that has links. I just press and hold the up key (silver rim up key). And it brings up this icon at the top of the page. You then can use the silver key to move up and down the links then you can press ok and it should bring up the hyperlink. Problem is at least in the ebook I was trying to get the maps come up nothing happened. But I think because its trying to open an browser which I think the PB360 doesn't have. Too bad they haven't implemented some type of fake browser to open up for external links.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:01 AM   #7
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Hmm, weird. Doing what you suggested and mapping 'enter links mode' does work for me. It takes me straight to the chapter title that is in the hyperlink. BUT, I have no idea how to stay on that page. As soon as I press the 'next' button it takes me straight back to the links. Holding down the up button to see if that gets me out of 'enter links mode' takes me back to the links page, too.

I wonder if there is anyway around that. I guess I could take note of which page it sends me to and then manually go to that page. It would be nice if there was an easier once touch solution.

I'm on the previous firmware, by the way. It's working perfectly for me.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:08 AM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post

I wonder if there is anyway around that. I guess I could take note of which page it sends me to and then manually go to that page. It would be nice if there was an easier once touch solution.

I'm on the previous firmware, by the way. It's working perfectly for me.
I have no idea lol. I am still extremely new with this device. While I got the 'link mode' to work (which is to say I have been able to bring up the links and navigate up and down the links) I haven't gotten the links to actually work yet. I brought up the ebook in Calibre and when I click the link it opens my browser. So I am thinking that has something to do with it.

But who knows. At least I don't yet lol.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I have no idea lol. I am still extremely new with this device. While I got the 'link mode' to work (which is to say I have been able to bring up the links and navigate up and down the links) I haven't gotten the links to actually work yet. I brought up the ebook in Calibre and when I click the link it opens my browser. So I am thinking that has something to do with it.

But who knows. At least I don't yet lol.
Okay, let's have a look at this and proceed step by step.

1: You're right about the keymapping. Just map the link modus to one key
2: Just navigate the links one one page when in link mode and press okay to go to that link. Links do not work if they're absolute and not relative. (that is if the links are in the (http://www.etc...)-form) Relative, internal links do ALWAYS work.
3. To jump back where you've come from, use your link mode key and just push okay. That will bring you back where you came from.

Hope that helps.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Okay, let's have a look at this and proceed step by step.

1: You're right about the keymapping. Just map the link modus to one key
2: Just navigate the links one one page when in link mode and press okay to go to that link. Links do not work if they're absolute and not relative. (that is if the links are in the (http://www.etc...)-form) Relative, internal links do ALWAYS work.
3. To jump back where you've come from, use your link mode key and just push okay. That will bring you back where you came from.

Hope that helps.
Ok I have a question. I got it to work. But the hyperlinks aren't to a section of the ebook (as in chapter of the ebook). They are pictures of maps. The maps are in image format which are embedded in the epub. So how would I open these. When open the hyperlinks to the maps in the calibre viewer. They open up in my browser (they don't go to a (www.etc...) site though. They just use the browser as a viewer of the image.

So it seems the PB360 doesn't open up images that are embedded as hyperlinks. Or is it because the images are in gif format? Would they open up if they were in bmp format?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 AM   #11
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

If the above is true (that bmp's can be opened as a internal hyperlink) I think gif should be added maybe as a 'wanted feature'. Since gif is most likely what would be used in an ebook because of its efficiency of size.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-18-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Yes, good idea!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote