Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
caranpaima
caranpaima began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Unhappy Everything OK until I updated to 0.6.29

I've been happily using Calibre to manage my ebook collection until this week I updated to version 0.6.29... not I ca'nt add books. When I run calibre from a command prompt with

calibre-debug -g

The following message starts popping up in the terminal... the same when I try to add books, when Calibre freezes

Exception KeyError: ('Exception KeyError: ('_file_file',) in <bound method Persi
stentTemporaryFile.__del__ of <calibre.ptempfile.PersistentTemporaryFile object
at 0x03ED4630>> ignored

The messages are similar, only the 0x... address changes...

What could be the problem?
caranpaima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What OS are you on?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
caranpaima

0.6.29 Problems

Thanks for answering. I'm running XP.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try an uninstall and re-install
Old 12-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
caranpaima

I did that, several times. Even tried with previous versions, and deleting the program files/calibre2 folder. Do I have so delete a registry key or some other folder so I can begin with a clean slate?
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

do you have a c:\program files\calibre folder (note the absence of the 2)
Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
caranpaima

Thanks for answering gain, Kovid-san. No, it's always been calibre2.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
caranpaima

Incidentally, the message calibre shows when I try to add ANY book, even books I've added before, is:

ERROR: Adding failed: The add books process seems to have hung. Try restarting calibre and adding the books in smaller increments, until you find the problem book.

... No matter which I add.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There's something really weird on your machine. I have no idea what, though. Do you have a an alternate machine to try?

If you want to completely clean out calibre, you should delete the config files as well (you can see thyem by going to Preferences->Advanced)
Old 12-25-2009, 03:25 AM   #10
caranpaima

Cool SOLVED!

Thanks for the kind responses. I solved the issue after much fretting, cursing and fumbling... The problem was, apparently, the Java version I had. Looks like it was not new enough or there was something wrong about it, but after uninstalling it and manually downloading the new version, everything is in order.