Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
www.mybookstoresandmore.com

Now allows you to download ebooks purchased through them in different file formats, instead of only one format. So if you previously purchased a book in .lit or .pdf format you can now download it in other formats including .html and .imp.

Amy

note: correct link www.mybookstoreandmore.com

I can't spell....

Last edited by sassanik; 08-07-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: updating link
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Wrong web address, should be http://www.mybookstoreandmore.com. Not much information about formats, but the news page says:
Quote:
We have changed the way you select a format for your eBook. Instead of choosing the format and then buying your book, you will buy the book and select the format in your e-Bookshelf.

All of your previous orders will be in your bookshelf, even those from our very first launch in January of 2006.
I think this means the ebooks are what FictionWise would call multi-format, and usually this implies that they are DRM-free (because DRM providers charge per ebook per format).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Now allows you to download ebooks purchased through them in different file formats, instead of only one format. So if you previously purchased a book in .lit or .pdf format you can now download it in other formats including .html and .imp.

Amy
Do you work there? You seem to have a list of possible formats but I can find no such list on the site. You have to buy the book and then see if it comes in a format that you can use. Not a particularly good business model.

dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
work there

Naw I don't work there. I have the list of available formats because I looked at it when I downloaded my files.

I believe in sharing good info!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Naw I don't work there. I have the list of available formats because I looked at it when I downloaded my files.

I believe in sharing good info!

Amy
Are the 4 formats: HTML, IMP, PDF, and LIT the full list of available choices? Do all eBooks offer those 4? Is the PDF sized for a portable device or a piece of paper? So many questions before I can add it properly to the wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The site is mostly romance/erotica with mostly unknown authors. Even the science fiction is not really science fiction. Oh well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote