Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #31
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
This is one of the reasons that I don't purchase physical items from Amazon with the frequency that I once did.

No matter what shipping option I choose (except for one day) that shipping time only applies to WHEN the package ships... which wasn't a problem in the past, but these days it seems like Amazon takes their sweet time actually getting the package out their door.

It is not unusual for Amazon to take 1-4 days to actually ship the stupid package. And you know what part REALLY makes me angry?! The order always says "Shipping Soon"... for days it will say "Shipping Soon".

Ugh. I hate that.
Anytime I use prime shipping I get a guaranteed delivery date. If it's not delivered on time complain to Amazon - it's their guarantee. I received a $5 credit in the past for complaining, and if it happened regularly I would demand a refund of my prime membership.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #32
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
It is not unusual for Amazon to take 1-4 days to actually ship the stupid package. And you know what part REALLY makes me angry?! The order always says "Shipping Soon"... for days it will say "Shipping Soon".

Ugh. I hate that.
I don't know how unusual it is, but a couple of months ago, I ordered something that was in stock on a Thursday that I wanted to use the weekend after. By Wednesday night, it was in its umpteenth day of "Shipping Soon", so I cancelled. That was 6 days without shipping.

For some items, I used to be willing to pay a slight premium to Amazon, in part because of the more reliable shipping. Lately, I've been willing to pay a slight premium to third party Amazon Marketplace sellers because of the less unreliable shipping.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #33
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I don't know how unusual it is, but a couple of months ago, I ordered something that was in stock on a Thursday that I wanted to use the weekend after. By Wednesday night, it was in its umpteenth day of "Shipping Soon", so I cancelled. That was 6 days without shipping.

Was yours a Prime account?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #34
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Anytime I use prime shipping I get a guaranteed delivery date. If it's not delivered on time complain to Amazon - it's their guarantee. I received a $5 credit in the past for complaining, and if it happened regularly I would demand a refund of my prime membership.
Only once did Amazon miss the guaranteed date, and that was actually the fault of my local post office. Amazon gave me a $10 credit.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
But the Guarantee date is always 4 days not 2 days when I order.
So how can you call it 2 day shipping. If I order something on Friday or the weekend it doesn't show up till Thursday.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #36
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Was yours a Prime account?
No. But what does "Shipping soon" mean?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #37
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
But the Guarantee date is always 4 days not 2 days when I order.
So how can you call it 2 day shipping. If I order something on Friday or the weekend it doesn't show up till Thursday.
The only time mine is more than two days is in the evening meaning I've missed the cutoff time or on Friday when the delivery day may be Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. On Friday used to mean Wednesday so I've seen improvement there.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #38
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
I placed an order on Sept. 14 and selected the "no rush shipping". The order has not shipped yet. The estimated delivery is between Sept. 19-23. I don't think I will use this option often. I have gotten used to the quick shipping.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The only time mine is more than two days is in the evening meaning I've missed the cutoff time or on Friday when the delivery day may be Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. On Friday used to mean Wednesday so I've seen improvement there.
I order this morning some stuff choose 2 day shipping says it will be here Monday.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #40
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I don't understand the logic. Prime costs $99 (is that correct?). You pay $99 to get expedited shipping but are willing to forego expedited shipping for a $1 credit that has an expiration date and can't be used on anything that Amazon sells. If you are willing to accept slow shipping for $1, why not save the Prime fee to begin with and just go with slow shipping?
As has been said, there is more to prime than just getting two-day shipping. But even if the two-day shipping is your primary motive, it doesn't mean that you need two-day shipping on all purchases. Let's say your shopping for Christmas presents. In September, two-day shipping hardly matters, as you don't need it until December. It makes a lot of sense to take the slower shipping for this. If it's late December, you may want the two-day shipping. It may not be what everyone wants, but it's an option.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #41
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I order this morning some stuff choose 2 day shipping says it will be here Monday.
You really need to complain to Amazon then. Are the items in stock?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #42
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You really need to complain to Amazon then. Are the items in stock?
And are they coming out of an Amazon warehouse, or out of a third-party seller location?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #43
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
No. But what does "Shipping soon" mean?
Shipping soon (at least this is what it meant the last time I researched it) means that the order has been transmitted to the warehouse, and it's too late to cancel it. It doesn't mean that the order will be picked in any particular time frame.

I was curious as to whether or not yours was a Prime account because, in my experience, all of my orders have shipped out of an Amazon warehouse within 24 hours of my making any orders ever since I was a Prime customer.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #44
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What is the item if you don't mind sharing? I could see how long it would take to get to me.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
What is the item if you don't mind sharing? I could see how long it would take to get to me.
Nexium

I think Amazon is having problems with their suppliers. Do you know Amazon is out of Cat litter both Tidy and Fresh Step and wont have any for 3 to 5 weeks!