Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
aldomenguzzi
Enthusiast
aldomenguzzi began at the beginning.

Device: none
which ereader syncs highlights best with Calibre?

Hello,

I am about to buy an ereader (possibly 9") so that I can study on it and then do all the collecting, analysis etc on pc, but I am at loss at to what to buy.
I know at this stage probably tabs are better, but then I might as well just use a regular netbook.
I am looking for the possibility to export the text highlights and notes (not scribbled ones, simply the "typed in" ones) to my computer. The final aim is to be able to then import those highlights and notes to Qiqqa, that I use for my researches.
Given the the flexibility of Calibre and liveliness of its community, I was thinking that the following solution is perhaps the most likely to happen:

Calibre to deal with the device-pc exchanges (importing the highlights and notes to the pc from the device, perhaps through sql searches), and then hopefully Qiqqa (that has very active programmers) to fetch the "edited" ebooks from Calibre and import them into its database, so that I can do the study.

What is, in your kind opinion, the best ereader for such an approach?

And as a secondary question, do you think that the approach presented above is feasible?

Thanks
aldomenguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlights, notes, qiqqa, sync