Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Sorry, I hope you can get your problem solved, but you are the minority among Kindle users.

Both my daughter and I have had our K3s for over two years and they work perfectly. My sister has an older Kindle that also has never given her any trouble.

Most people would not expect any other company to replace something they have had for over a year. Amazon has just been extremely generous about replacing Kindles for people so now people expect that. It's kind of sad that people hold them to a higher standard based on their own excellent customer service. That being said, you may still get a replacement if you call back again.

Just today, I called Amazon about my KF not charging properly. They are sending me a brand new one. I've had it for over a year and did NOT feel like they owed it to me. I only called because I knew they have done it for others. I had ordered a new charger to try that first. When it came today, the problem still existed.

If they had not offered to replace my KF, I would not have been upset and would still be a loyal customer as I have been since Amazon's existence. I didn't buy an extended warranty and it was really my own problem if I had to buy a new one. If allowed, I will buy an extended warranty when I register the new one because I have learned my lesson.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:06 AM   #17
fratermus
e-bookworm
fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K3, KF2, Touch (dying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robynmau View Post
Kindle help actually expect me to 'buy' another one - just not gonna happen as I don't have the money to replace it - especially since I might have to replace it again in just over 12 months time. I suppose I'll have to buy a cheap & nasty then when it dies I can't complain, eh
Nothing to lose by selling it on eBay or to a countryman for parts, then.
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robynmau View Post
So there, I've had my rant. I feel a little better .....
Regards
As the OP appears to have abandoned the discussion, I would suggest we accept at face value that this was a "rant" and move on....
Myself, I have had nothing but positive interaction with Amazon and have found their products to be very good and their support excellent.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #19
robynmau
robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robynmau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Rant

Hi All

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I'm on holidays at the moment and don't have everyday access to the internet.

Thank you all for your input, your suggestions have given me something to work through. At least now I have some hope that I may still be able to use my Kindle. Though, I am still having a problem, I've taken all my ebooks off the device [had less than 20 pages] and will try putting only very limited amounts on for now - at least enough to get me through the rest of my holidays.

Once I get home, I'll provide an update if I don't get near a computer before - but please be patient as that may not be until mid-January

Regards
robynmau is offline   Reply With Quote