Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #46
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
8.9" won't fit a pocketbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
@ Sirmaru, you sold me but I'm holding out for the bigger one. Thanks for your input!
The KFHD8.9-32 won't fit in a woman's pocketbook. Thus, you need a separate case to carry it.

That is why the 7" variety is so good. As long as I go with my wife, I have no problem taking it everywhere.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #47
lsmoore43
lsmoore43 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook or Kobo readers
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I am so glad I upgraded. Better sound, better wireless, better browser, and, best of all, tremendous battery life. Lst night I streamed two hour long TV shows, then watched a movie I had downloaded. Still had 50% batter left.
I agree with everything you say except the battery life. I think the battery runs down way to fast and it should come with a charger. It only comes with the usb cord and it takes "forever" to charge even from my phone charger using the usb. If I try charging from my computer I can count on not being able to read or do anything else all day until it gets the full charge. I love the Kindle Fire HD very much with those exceptions. I was shocked that it did not come with a charger. My Nook Color came with its very own charger and it lasts me several days even if I surf the web. It also charges in about 3 hrs. Although I love reading from my Nook Color I also love reading from my Kindle Fire HD.. Both are excellent products but to me the big thing is not coming with a charger. That is just wrong. To have to buy one separate is not fair. But I would recommend the Kindle Fire HD to anyone who is considering a Kindle product. It does lots of things and I love that no matter what way I hold it the screen will rotate in that direction. The Nook Color rotates but to wide screen or Portrait only, not all the way around from ever single side. lol I do love them both because my hubby got them for me as anniversary gifts. Last year the Nook Color and this year the Kindle Fire HD.. Both are wonderful. I am still getting use to the Kindle and it should come with a manual that explains everything. Not just a short booklet like that only explains the very basic of basics. Got lucky and did find a free copy of a help manual a few weeks or about a month ago that helps a lot.

I am still disappointed in the battery life of the Kindle Fire HD though . I sure thought it would last longer and I wish it had a place to add a micro card like the Nook Color has. That would make it more awesome. Then you could add as much space as you need..
lsmoore43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert