Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Validation issue

This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.

The resource mentioned, OEBPS/Text/UK-RAF-I-1_split_000.html, was deleted and I can't find it anywhere.

I am attaching the epub, which is a work in process.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Fight at Odds, The - Dennis Richards3.epub (3.09 MB, 181 views)
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Do a search of All HTML Files for UK-RAF-I-1_split_000.html - look in the Index file.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.

The resource mentioned, OEBPS/Text/UK-RAF-I-1_split_000.html, was deleted and I can't find it anywhere.

I am attaching the epub, which is a work in process.
This? in the Index along with the other split_000.html errors
Code:
<td class="calibre14">Chapter I</td>

<td class="calibre14"><a class="calibre19" href="../Text/UK-RAF-I-1_split_000.html">The 'Dreadful Note of Preparation'</a></td>

<td class="calibre20">11</td>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ducks-- Thank you thank you thank you....
I thought it had to be a file, but there the index file was with tons of references to the deleted files. At one point sigil didn't allow links to work, so I assumed that they wouldn't but after being fixed now they do...Hooray!

Now if I could only get rid of my <center> troubles life would be grand. <center> is the way I have centered * * *, (what works in my Sony) but the validation doesn't like it. I will probably have to change them all to a class with giant left and right margins, but I am still swatting errors in the text.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ducks-- Thank you thank you thank you....
I thought it had to be a file, but there the index file was with tons of references to the deleted files. At one point sigil didn't allow links to work, so I assumed that they wouldn't but after being fixed now they do...Hooray!

Now if I could only get rid of my <center> troubles life would be grand. <center> is the way I have centered * * *, (what works in my Sony) but the validation doesn't like it. I will probably have to change them all to a class with giant left and right margins, but I am still swatting errors in the text.
<p class="scene">
Code:
.scene {text-align: center; }
Code:
<p class="scene">*&nbsp;*&nbsp;*</p>
works on my ADE (MRSDK)
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone

Does not work on my Sony...for some reason it ignores text-align in class, but this does work:

<p class="capt" style="text-align: center;">

Thanks for getting me thinking on a little different line.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Does not work on my Sony...for some reason it ignores text-align in class, but this does work:

why not add the line to the 'capt' css selector?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
why not add the line to the 'capt' css selector?
When it is in the css selector it doesn't work on a Sony. It displays correctly in Sigil, but does not in the Reader Library and Reader. It seems to need to be a style added to the paragraph tag.

I had wondered how I had gotten my captions to work centered so I looked at them and I had used the centering button which added that style statement to the paragraph tag.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
When it is in the css selector it doesn't work on a Sony. It displays correctly in Sigil, but does not in the Reader Library and Reader. It seems to need to be a style added to the paragraph tag.

I had wondered how I had gotten my captions to work centered so I looked at them and I had used the centering button which added that style statement to the paragraph tag.
Ah!
When you press the button, you generate a local (to that file) SGC style (at the top, above the body tag)

ADE has known quirks (and workarounds) that are listed down in the EPUB form sticky area
Old 10-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
mrmikel
Color me gone

Thanks for everything. After removing two start tags from an ordered list, it validates completely.

Nothing left but slog through and remove errors. Then do it for the two following books in the same series!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #11
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:

Strange, the line from theducks works on both my Sony's... I think that was one of my first styles to use.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
mrmikel
Color me gone

I wonder what the difference is. I pasted his css into my stylesheet and used the reference in the work. I will paste both just exactly and see what happens.

My Sony is a 300.

A bit later....

Pasted in exactly for both, made sure it was not inside a <div>, not successful. Left aligned instead of centered. No css for body either.

Last edited by mrmikel; 10-15-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: testing
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Very strange, there are no issues with the stylesheet? I am very sure it works on both my Sony PRS-300 and T1.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
mrmikel
Color me gone

Toxaris, would you mind taking a look at the stylesheet? It is calibre generated originally because I needed to gather a bunch of files I downloaded from a web site.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fight at odds stylesheet.txt (10.7 KB, 168 views)
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You have missing semicolons in several places in your CSS file.

All after the "font-size" attribute in classes .calibre74, .calibre75, and .footnote1.

Don't mess around wondering. Always use a validation service if there's any question whatsoever.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-15-2012 at 10:20 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote