Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #31
PeterLewis1709
PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterLewis1709 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos 101, Kindle 4NT
I had a number of the older STNG books some years back (paperbacks) I wish I had kept them now. one that still sticks in my mind is one of the Titan mass market ones called "Masks" and is still available on amazon but not as an ebook that I am aware of.
PeterLewis1709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis1709 View Post
I had a number of the older STNG books some years back (paperbacks) I wish I had kept them now. one that still sticks in my mind is one of the Titan mass market ones called "Masks" and is still available on amazon but not as an ebook that I am aware of.
Masks does exist as an eBook. Looks, there it is in ePub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #33
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
And here it is as a Kindle book (in the US, at least)

tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #34
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
I read Star Trek: Voyager: Homecoming & The Farther Shore this week. They were a pretty enjoyable way to return to the world of Star Trek! I have to say though, they were incredibly quick reads-like a little snack between meals. I read each of them in an evening.
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
I read Star Trek: Voyager: Homecoming & The Farther Shore this week. They were a pretty enjoyable way to return to the world of Star Trek! I have to say though, they were incredibly quick reads-like a little snack between meals. I read each of them in an evening.
Since you enjoyed Homecoming and Farther Shore just wait until you get to...

Star Trek: Voyager: Full Circle
Star Trek: Voyager: Unworthy
Star Trek: Voyager: Children of the Storm
Upcoming Voyager book The Eternal Tide

You will love them. They are so much better.

Next up...

Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk Book One: Old Wounds
Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk Book Two: Enemy of My Enemy

Before you get to the TNG books.
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #36
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since you enjoyed Homecoming and Farther Shore just wait until you get to...

Star Trek: Voyager: Full Circle
Star Trek: Voyager: Unworthy
Star Trek: Voyager: Children of the Storm

You will love them. They are so much better.

Next up...

Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk Book One: Old Wounds
Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk Book Two: Enemy of My Enemy

Before you get to the TNG books.

Already put them on hold in paperback form at my library (I am being cheap about spending 7.99-8.99 on books I can read in an evening)!
Man this is bringing back memories of my early teens. I was really into reading these Star Trek books at that point. I remember I would get my mom to buy whatever the latest one was for me at my local K-mart every month.
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #37
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
After reading both God Emperor and Heretics of Dune (back to back) I am rather thankful for the Trek novel 'Homecoming' by Christie Golden.

It's like giving my brain a bit of a holiday.
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #38
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Second Diane Duane's books --esp. _The Romulan Way_ (wish they'd used that background information for the movies).

Another notably good one is _Immortal Coil_ which is about Data.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #39
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
Second Diane Duane's books --esp. _The Romulan Way_ (wish they'd used that background information for the movies).

Another notably good one is _Immortal Coil_ which is about Data.
I strongly agree about "Immortal Coil." Very good read that links many events in Star Trek together.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have an updated list and a flowchart to go with it.

First, Vanguard:

Star Trek: Vanguard: Harbinger
Star Trek: Vanguard: Summon the Thunder
Star Trek: Vanguard: Reap the Whirlwind
Star Trek: Vanguard: Open Secrets
Star Trek: Vanguard: Precipice
Star Trek: Vanguard: Declassified
Star Trek: Vanguard: What Judgments Come
Star Trek: Vanguard: Storming Heaven (coming early 2012)

Then, the DS9 Relaunch, with some optional lead-ins:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Lives of Dax (optional)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: A Stitch In Time (optional)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Left Hand of Destiny Book One (optional)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Left Hand of Destiny Book Two (optional) <-- these two were released later, but chronologically here

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Avatar Book One
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Avatar Book Two
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Section 31: Abyss
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Gateways: Demons of Air and Darkness
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Gateways: What Lay Beyond: "Horn & Ivory"
(NOTE: The above 5 books are all available as "Twist of Faith")
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma Book One: Twilight
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma Book Two: This Gray Spirit
(NOTE: The above 2 books are available as "These Haunted Seas")
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma Book Three: Cathedral
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma Book Four: Lesser Evil
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Rising Son
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Unity
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Worlds of Deep Space Nine Volume One: Cardassia and Andor
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Volume Two: Trill and Bajor
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Volume Three: The Dominion and Ferenginar

Then, catch up on the MU, and let that lead into the final Marco-edited DS9 Relaunch books, and finish the MU off as well:

Star Trek: Mirror Universe: Glass Empires, book 1
Star Trek: Mirror Universe: The Sorrows of Empire (replaces Glass Empires book 2)
Star Trek: Mirror Universe: Glass Empires, book 3
Star Trek: Mirror Universe: Obsidian Alliances
Star Trek: Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Warpath
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Fearful Symmetry
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Soul Key
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Never-Ending Sacrifice (optional)
Star Trek: Mirror Universe: Rise Like Lions

Then, the short lived first Voyager relaunch:

Homecoming
The Farther Shore
Spirit Walk: Old Wounds
Spirit Walk: Enemy of my Enemy

Then, A Time To...

A Time To Be Born
A Time to Die
A Time to Sow
A Time to Harvest
A Time to Love
A Time to Hate
A Time to Kill
A Time to Heal
A Time for War, A Time for Peace

Then, all the books from Nemesis to Destiny and Destiny's immediate follow-ups:

TNG: Death In Winter
Titan: Taking Wing
Titan: The Red King
Articles of the Federation
Titan: Orion's Hounds
TNG: Resistance
TNG: Q and A
TNG: Before Dishonor
Titan: Sword of Damocles
TNG: Greater Than the Sum
Destiny: Gods of Night
Destiny: Mere Mortals
Destiny: Lost Souls
TNG: Losing The Peace
A Singular Destiny

Then, the new Voyager relaunch:

Full Circle
Unworthy
Children of the Storm

Then, the various novels covering the rest of 2381 and into 2382 (and 2383 in the new stuff this year?), mostly Typhon Pact:

Titan: Over A Torrent Sea
Titan: Synthesis
DTI: Watching the Clock
Typhon Pact: Zero Sum Game
Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of Empire
Typhon Pact: Seize the Fire
Typhon Pact: Paths of Disharmony
Typhon Pact: The Struggle Within (Novella)
Upcoming Titan: Fallen Gods
TNG: Indistinguishable From Magic
Upcoming Typhon Pact books - Plagues of Night, Raise the Dawn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	treklitflowchart2.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	81553  
Old 01-21-2012, 05:16 AM   #41
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I didn't think they were doing Titan anymore...hmm.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #42
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
Thats rather excellent. I may start buying in the order you show above thank you
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

There is a new version of the chart...

http://8of5.blogspot.com/p/trek-lit-reading-order.html
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #44
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We have a used book store near us. I picked up .. probably twenty trek books.. for a little over $5.50
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #45
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I used to have over 200 trek books in my physical library, however now that they are releasing in eBook I've replaced them. I love me some trek lit.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote