Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Timber
Enthusiast
Timber began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Macbook Pro, Kindle
Convert PDF to EPub or LRF puts pages out of order

Hi Kovid,

I'm hoping you can help with a problem I'm having.

My daughter got some ebooks in PDF format. In PDF they are 2 printed pages per page on the screen.

so the first few pages look like
Pg1 Pg2
Pg3 Pg4
and so on

My problem is at conversion time - it's converting the PDF to LRF and EPub fine, but it's reading the pages in the wrong order.

Looks like it's reading down the pages on the left and converting them then reading down the pages on the right and converting them

So my output looks like
Pg1
Pg3
Pg5
Pg7

You've got some fantastic tools and they work great for most of my library. Is there any way to tell them to convert across before down?

Thanks for the help
Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, converting from PDF is never going to handle things like this see: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...#pdfconversion
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
Timber
Enthusiast
Timber began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Macbook Pro, Kindle
Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess what i'll need to do is convert the Pdf from 2 pages across per page on screen to a single one and then convert the resulting pdf to epub & lrf normally.

Time to start tinkering with adobe and see if it lets me do that
Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try using BRISS to massage the PDF.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote