Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
AcrylicAce
AcrylicAce began at the beginning.

Device: out_of_step138@yahoo.com
So Confused....

Hi, hope someone can help me.

I am trying to convert a PDF to Mobi but first I have been using PDF Scissors to cut down the margins of the PDF because the text is too small to read if I don't.

I am really confused. I add the file to PDF Scissors, edit it, when I get the scissored version it looks fine in the PDF viewer. Then I add the PDF to Calibre, go to "Convert Books" -> Mobi Output -> OK and the mobi file that it gives me is the unedited PDF file that is hard to read with big white margins still.

I do not understand why it is doing this. I have made sure over and over I am selecting the correct scissored file but to no avail.

Please help me.

Thanks,
AcrylicAce
AcrylicAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Did you read the pdf sticky?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605

Sounds like this pdf is made up of images - there's nothing to be done with Calibre, you would need to run it through OCR, but if the text is really small it may not be high enough quality for OCR.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert