Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
jen_jen
jen_jen began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
KOBO touch

hey, my BF just bought me a kobo touch and I saw that kobo touch is able to read "mobi" format, but when we loaded the mobi file on my kobo it just keeps crashing and going to the home screen...what could be wrong? thx
jen_jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
The Kobo Touch's support for mobi format is rudimentary and as you've seen, prone to crashing on some titles. Your best bet is to use Calibre to convert the book to epub prior to loading.

On that note, allow me to welcome you to MR. We hope you enjoy your stay.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Are these Mobi's that have DRM (ie copy protection or Digital Rights Management) on them?

Not sure Kobo supports those.

Many would suggest converting Mobi's to ePubs
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And welcome to MobileRead
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote