Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Covers from Barnes and Noble?

Hi there.

I prefer to use the covers found on the Barnes and Noble website. I search for the title, click on the cover image and a larger image appears. I then copy this image and paste it into the metadata panel in calibre. This is obviously and time-consuming method.

I was wondering if there is a plugin for calibre that I can use to download the cover automatically from Barnes and Noble. I did a search in Google and these forums but couldn't find anything.

Thank you.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
I was wondering if there is a plugin for calibre that I can use to download the cover automatically from Barnes and Noble. I did a search in Google and these forums but couldn't find anything.
Not much easier but you could use the Search the Internet plugin to right click on a book in your library and go straight to the correct book in Barnes and Noble.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Thanks for the reply.

That is in fact the way I have been getting to the first book of the author in my library. Then I find each individual title on the B&N site that I need the cover for.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It wouldn't take long to do a metadata source plugin based on the Goodreads one... I will take a look into it today. There wouldn't be any "tags" (genres), but you are only asking for covers anyways.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #5
bookmonster
bookmonster doesn't litterbookmonster doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
Hi there.

I prefer to use the covers found on the Barnes and Noble website. Thank you.
I love B&N covers also, & just wanted to say thanks for suggesting this.
bookmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert