Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #16156
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Yes, for a while they kept sending me the same code. This last one they sent was actually different and did work.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #16157
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
I guess it's just as well they never send me codes at all. I suppose this is because I buy books from them on a fairly regular basis so they have no need to lure me back with a coupon.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #16158
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
50% off (sounds like unlimited use) code for customers in Taiwan, KOBORTP2...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285639
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #16159
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Kobo is running a 30% off deal, APR30, until 24 April in Uk, US & Canada. Don't know if its available anywhere else.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:23 PM   #16160
lryder71
lryder71 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle voyage
Another 90% that I couldn't get to work for me. Hopefully someone else can use it.

Use promo code: 6UFFER
Offer expires: April 28, 2017
lryder71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #16161
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Kobo is running a 30% off deal, APR30, until 24 April in Uk, US & Canada. Don't know if its available anywhere else.
Select titles only. Here's a link to the US books...
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/apr30
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:32 PM   #16162
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
Sorry, off-topic, if not acceptable here - my apologies.
Does anyone still have an option of switching to the old library? I no longer have it
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:07 AM   #16163
ferrywoman
Groupie
ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Air 2
Huh. Neither do I. The page still works, though.
ferrywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:09 AM   #16164
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Nope. It's gone for me, too.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #16165
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Only selected books. https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/p/apr30

I tired the APR30 code on other books and the code doesn't work.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #16166
Kog
Enthusiast
Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, iThing kobo app
Another duplicate kobo coupon

I received the same coupon code from kobo for the third time. It worked the first time, doesn't work for me now. (Even using another account.)

I hope someone else can use it.
90% off
74L5LE
Kog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #16167
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
50% Kobo code, expires May 3

RSY95W
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #16168
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
50% Kobo code, expires May 3

RSY95W
This one just worked for me! Thank you!!
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:37 AM   #16169
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan A View Post
I started keeping track of the codes. What I found is they keep sending me the same code every couple of months. So, they are sending me a used code. It's not working because I've already used it.

Has anybody ever sent them an inquiry? Is it worth my time to argue that they've sent me a code that is not usable?
Funny (sort of!) that you should ask that; Just today I got through 2-1/2 weeks of hassle with Kobo regarding a 90% 'we miss you' coupon that I couldn't get to work. I submitted a ticket on a Friday but for various reasons I didn't get around to calling til the following Tuesday whereupon I was forced to list to the spiel about how only certain books work with it and going into minute detail about how to copy the code exactly, it's case sensitive, blah, blah, blah and being talked tediously through each step like I was an idiot -->"Are you sure you did it exactly right, it works for me you must be doing it wrong." "Try clearing your cache, do you know how to do that?" "Sign out from your account and sign back in". When I said firmly 'It simply does not work, can I get a new one' she got all huffy and told me not to raise my voice, it wasn't nice then proceeded to continue talking me through signing out and back in asking me to let her know when I completed clearing cache and signing back in. I silently sighed and and did it then said I'm done. Wait another 30 seconds or more whereupon she asks "well are you done?" Sigh. I told her 'Yes, I said so a minute ago, you must have not heard me'. Went through the whole rigamarole selecting the book, attempting to apply the coupon, no change of course!
It's now been close to twenty minutes, I ask again, can I get a new coupon or something; she tells me my ticket is being escalated and they will get back to me. Sigh again. It was 21 minutes with nothing to show for it.

Flash forward ten days later and I still haven't heard anything then I receive an email saying they hadn't heard back from me so they were closing the ticket and marking it resolved! I immediately wrote back detailing my exasperation, the borderline rudeness, and how near useless their customer service via phone is and that I wanted any further communication via mail. I got a semi apologetic reply and a repeat of 'only certain books...' and a step by step tutorial on how to use a coupon. Belatedly, I decided to try the coupon on another account on the same book and it worked fine so I wrote back saying I had 'a friend' test it on her account and it worked fine so could I please get a new coupon? The next day I got an apologetic reply and was told $10USD credit had been added to my account. I did have to write back and say it appeared to be Canadian not US dollars but that got fixed overnight and I used the $10 credit on a different book and the 90% coupon on the other account.

Moral: you need to be firm, insistent, and persistent and hopefully you'll get positive results.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:37 AM   #16170
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Kobo Canada is running two rather nice sales over the weekend: one general, and one genre.

Save On Homegrown Chills: Ice cold Canadian mysteries & thrillers runs until May 4th, and comprises selected titles from Dundurn, one of the semi-major small press Canadian publishers. They have quite a number of award-nominated authors in their stable, almost all of whom have entries on SYKM (and in a nice touch, Dundurn has begun putting specific award-nom mentions at the beginnings of their blurbs, which you easily see while scrolling through the listings).

Main sale page, with categories: Reads To Get Your Heart Racing, Police Procedurals, Women Sleuths, Private Investigators

These are all ~ $3 (regularly $6.99 CAD), and Dundurn is both couponable/VIP-eligible, and one of the publishers who doesn't tend to match Kobo special sale prices at Amazon or other stores. We've previously gotten a generous batch of 1st-in-series freebies from Dundurn for a number of the featured authors, in case you liked their books (or want to give the freebies a try now to see if you'd like to continue the series).

The more general Warm up to great reads for spring runs until May 1st, and is the usual long weekend event mix of Big 5, smaller press, and indie authors, discounted to $3.99 CAD and under.

A chunk of this is already sale-promo stuff which is just being spotlighted, but a number of things have been marked down specially for this sale, especially from the small press specialty and Canadian local publishers. There's also Australian, ex-Soviet Russian (including a book about the smuggling of Boris Pasternak's typescripts for Doctor Zhivago outside the Soviet Union), and ex-British colonial Chinese history & cultural interest non-fiction titles from non-Canadian specialty imprints.

Main page, with categories: Fantastic Fiction, Dazzling Literary Fiction, Heartwarming Romance, Historical Fiction (mix of historical romance and historical military/drama), Mystery & Suspense, Science Fiction & Fantasy (mostly indie, but there are 3 nice-looking small-press anthologies of Canadian and US-resident Latin American science fiction, the latter of which has a number of well-known literary authors such as Junot Díaz (Wikipedia) and Giannina Braschi (Wikipedia)), Young Adult, Non-Fiction (a generous selection of 15 pages), Food & Drink (the cannabis cookbook is still on sale), Kids & Middle Grade

Highlights include a rather nice-looking biography/memoir of The Twilight Zone creator Rod Serling, by his daughter Anne Serling, and the just-released 4th in Norwegian author Thomas Enger's Henning Juul series (#1-3 are really cheap in the UK at the moment), which was on my wishlist.

And if you're a Wes Anderson fan, Abrams Media has a number of deep-discounted artbooks and interview/companion guides to his films, alongside some charming-looking kids' picture biographies of historical figures like proto-computer programming mathematician Ada Lovelace.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals