Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 07:27 AM   #1
TashPerth
TashPerth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Question Add Custom Column To Category Side Panel

I have a custom column created 'Shortlist'. I use this to list all the books that i plan/want to read. The column type is Yes/No.

I would like to add a field to the left of Calibre to show only the items that return the answer 'Yes' from my 'Shortlist' column.

Basically a group/location where i can go to only the books that i have listed 'Yes'. Ao i can pick what i want to read next.

Side note: I don't know if have a 'Shortlist' category is the most efficient way to track the items that i want to read. Open to suggestions.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 7.23.06 pm.png
Views:	227
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	156354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 7.23.42 pm.png
Views:	151
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	156355  
TashPerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes/No columns aren't included in the Tag Browser sidebar. You could use a Saved Search to do what you want

FWIW - I use the Reading List plugin for this, basically I have three - Books to Get, Books to be Read, Books to be Re-read. The Reading lists show in the Tag Browser. The Reading List PI will also play ball with your reading device.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:30 AM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
You can also create a virtual library for that
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
You can also create a virtual library for that

I leave my VL tabs showing all the time for the ability to quick switch those lists.
ALL | No Format | Have Read | To Read | TBEdited

No format is a combination of Wishlist and a record of my Dead Tree Library
TBE says I have not yet touched the code.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote