Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #691
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible has released two more free prequels to Jason Mott's The Returned. That brings the total to three prequels so far.

The Sparrow
by Jason Mott -- narrated by Therese Plummer -- unabridged (40 min)
Quote:
In this short story by Jason Mott, author of The Returned, one determined couple seeks to reunite a young girl with the father who thought he had lost her forever.…

When Heather and Matt Campbell find 10-year-old Tatiana Rusesa on the side of the highway, she is thousands of miles away from her village in Sierra Leone. She hasn't seen her family in almost two decades, not since she and her mother were killed by rebel soldiers. Now Tatiana has inexplicably returned, a lost orphan with no place to call home.

As the world dives deeper into uncertainty and chaos, Heather is determined to save Tatiana and help her find her way back to her family. But how much is she willing to lose to protect a girl she doesn't even know?

Learn how the mysterious reappearances begin in The First, and don't miss Jason Mott's unforgettable debut novel, The Returned, from Harlequin MIRA, a moving tale of a family navigating this unusual new reality and given a second chance at life.

The Choice by Jason Mott -- narrated by David Ledoux -- unabridged (40 min)
Quote:
In this short story by Jason Mott, author of The Returned, a man is forced to choose between the life he has now, and the one he thought was gone forever.

Peter Galvin was just 17 when Tracy Whitland - the love of his life - vanished without a trace. In the years after her death, he had finally moved on, gotten married, started a family. He is content with his life now - happy, even - until Tracy suddenly and inexplicably returns.

For weeks, Peter and his wife, Samantha, have been watching mysterious reports of people's loved ones returning from beyond, the world spinning into uncertainty and chaos. But they never imagined it would happen to them. With Tracy's unusual homecoming, Peter and Samantha must decide where they can possibly go from here, and whether their family can survive.

Listen to more stories of the Returned in The First and The Sparrow. And don't miss Jason Mott's haunting debut novel, The Returned, a story of one family given an extraordinary second chance.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #692
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thanks for the information on this, tubemonkey.

---Slightly OT:

Do you recall some negative comments on something to do with Amazon sharing its ebook account information with Audible? (I realize it's the same company, but there were a few disgruntled individuals, but I can't remember any details, except it had something to do with billing. I'll move this to its own thread, if you feel this is not a correct place for any discussion on this.)

Thanks.

Don
My concern was your charge card is on both your amazon account and your audible account. If you put the cc on amazon it is now on audible. If you delete it on amazon, it will be deleted on audible. Accounts are tied together.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #693
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Also from Random House (I believe skinmaan found these too) is this set of five free titles
  • Second Son -- Lee Child
  • A Week in Summer -- Maeve Binchy
  • The Myth of the Garage -- Chip Heath & Don Heath
  • The Call of the Wild -- Jack London
  • Clan Rathskeller -- Kevin Hearne
Just enter your email like above; except this time, the download link actually works.

note: this free offer isn't new, it's been on the OP for some time now
It won't work for me! I entered my email address and clicked the download and it spins and spins and never downloads. I can't right click and save download, my computer doesn't show save download. I tried and tried. By the way the email address is encrypted (https).
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #694
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
My clip zip I use for my long walks so I go through the downloads slower.
Or you can use one of those little portable speakers with your clip zip in your car. It's what I do and even if it isn't as good as the car radio, you don't have to worry about storage capacity of your phone (or about synchronising your clip with your phone).
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #695
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
It won't work for me! I entered my email address and clicked the download and it spins and spins and never downloads. I can't right click and save download, my computer doesn't show save download. I tried and tried. By the way the email address is encrypted (https).
Still works for me. Try right click --> save link as or save target as (depending on your browser).
Old 08-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #696
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Woot!! Finally what I've been waiting for the 3 for 2 Mystery Thrillers
http://www.audible.com/sp/MT_3for2
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #697
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
And I'm back and disappointed There are only 129 books in the sale and of them I remove 31 as they're true crime which I don't read. That leaves 98 a lot of which I've either already read or own in either ebook or audio there's very little left after that to choose from. I may be able to find one possible 2 but definitely not 3

Is it just me or do they seem to put the same books in every sale?
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #698
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Woot!! Finally what I've been waiting for the 3 for 2 Mystery Thrillers
http://www.audible.com/sp/MT_3for2
Thanks much; and added to OP

Since I'm not a credit subscriber, I can't see the offers. Would you please confirm the expiration for this offer? I have it as 27 Aug. Appreciate it
Old 08-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #699
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The following offers expire today (Wed 21 Aug)

This is the final day for SYNC's 2013 program. After today, it will close down until the summer of 2014.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-22-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #700
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks much; and added to OP

Since I'm not a credit subscriber, I can't see the offers. Would you please confirm the expiration for this offer? I have it as 27 Aug. Appreciate it
Confirmed. Until August 27 at 11:59 PM (ET)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #701
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Confirmed. Until August 27 at 11:59 PM (ET)
Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #702
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
And I'm back and disappointed There are only 129 books in the sale and of them I remove 31 as they're true crime which I don't read. That leaves 98 a lot of which I've either already read or own in either ebook or audio there's very little left after that to choose from. I may be able to find one possible 2 but definitely not 3

Is it just me or do they seem to put the same books in every sale?
I was very disappointed also. I was hoping for some historical mysteries, classic mysteries, and cozies. I couldn't find even one book that I had to have.

I wonder if there'll be another 3-for-2 next week, and in what category.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #703
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I wonder if there'll be another 3-for-2 next week, and in what category.
Heaven forbid they offer a 3 for 2 any audiobook
Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #704
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour Deal of the Week

Ringworld by Larry Niven -- narrated by Grover Gardner -- unabridged (11.5 hrs)
Quote:
Winner of the 1970 Nebula Award for Best Novel
Winner of the 1971 Hugo Award for Best Novel
Winner of the 1971 Locus Award for Best Novel

The artifact is a vast circular ribbon of matter, some 180 million miles across, with a sun at its center. Pierson’s puppeteers—strange, three-legged, two-headed aliens—discovered this “Ringworld” in a hitherto unexplored part of the galaxy. Curious about the immense structure, but frightened by the prospect of meeting the builders, they set about assembling a team to explore it:

Louis Wu, human—old and bored with having lived too fully for too many years, seeking an adventure, and all too capable of handling it.

Nessus, puppeteer—a trembling coward from a species with an inbuilt survival pattern of nonviolence. This particular puppeteer, however, is insane.

Speaker-to-Animals, kzin—large, orange-furred, and carnivorous. The kzin are one of the most savage life-forms known.

The party’s expedition, however, goes disastrously wrong when their ship crash-lands and its motley crew faces a daunting trek across thousands of miles of Ringworld territory.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #705
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Major Upgrade to OverDrive Media Console

Of particular interest to us as audiobook listeners is the ability of this upgrade to sync content across all compatible devices. I checked out an MP3 audiobook from my library and tested the sync feature with three devices -- Nexus 7 v2, Fire HD 7, and iPod touch 4 -- and it works nicely. The audiobook must be downloaded on each device you wish to sync with.

You also need to set up an OverDrive One account (username, email, password) to use these features
  • Find and save libraries offering OverDrive media all in one place.
  • Sync progress in eBooks and audiobooks across devices.
  • Sync bookmarks across devices.
A bonus feature for iOS devices only is variable-speed playback -- .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x.

More info is available here:
Please discuss this topic in this thread --> OverDrive Media Console V3.0 available (Android and iOS)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-26-2013 at 07:53 PM.