Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #241
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I keep meaning to make a games launcher for this, then get disheartened when I remember the xgnuboy version isn't dithered.

Glad you got it going. excellent app.
I would love to add dithering support, but I need to get my head above water first. I have a ton of unread posts and unread PMs here that I need to read when I get some time. I would love to have some hobby time again...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #242
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
i'll admit one thing as is playing pokemon? is painfull on the eyes X_X
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #243
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yeah. not in my recommended list that is for sure.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #244
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KUAL loader for fbgnuboy. Kindle 3, DX (any "fbgnuboy supported" device basically)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=23

Spoiler:

building on the hackery from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=145

Will add it to the index. DONE
Happy to expand that to support 8 bit devices as and when ; ) Cheers.

Last edited by twobob; 03-19-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #245
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I think over the next 1-2 days I should be able to include something configurable. Maybe I'll use my preferred "config file parser" engine again - Lua. I could also provide hooks for program start & stop then plus a hook for screen updates, so adapting it to other platforms would be feasible then. More flexibility on the input side would be possible - like handling the touch screen. Let's see if I can find the time and how it will work out...
If you did this I would ensure it was pushed into the launcher. The Kindle 4 users would love you at the VERY LEAST.

: )

Last edited by twobob; 02-09-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #246
twobob

Bringing Sexy Back...

GOOD NEWS!!!

After communicating with the people at PD Games we have been given permission to bundle a few choice titles in the Kindle KUAL offering!!!

YAY!!!

So this will soon do cool things OOTB!

Many thanks to http://pdroms.de and the various games authors.

This makes using fbgnuboy a much simpler proposition for the average end user now.

RESULT!! Will push some updates to the KUAL bundle when I have some.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #247
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
overlay modified

Yet another great packaging twobob!

And since I don't like to remember keys:
Click image for larger version

Name:	gb-flash.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	101022
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #248
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Yet another great packaging twobob!

And since I don't like to remember keys:
Attachment 101022

Games shortcuts:
  • demo: Destroy matching shape groups
  • deep: bomb the subs
  • cd: top-down ascii attack game
  • flip: make them all match
  • ktris: a simple not-too-buggy falling block game.
Tech:
  • enigma: enigma machine simulator
  • fire: you guessed it. some simple lo-res fire.

Changelog

Refactored scripts to have several convenience functions. Looping, error handling, etc.
Bundled and tested initial bonus roms
reworked scripts to allow for ARCHIVE folders in the main roms directory.
(provisioning initial D/L's and docs as per licensing requirement)
reworked it to look "nicer"
made dialog prompts more descriptive of the actual end-user requirements
Other dull stuff.

Haven't had time to roll in all the possible titles and changes.

But rushed out an early updated package.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	export.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	101053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_098.png
Views:	328
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	101054  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #249
twobob

Added:

NEW: ADDED GAME BUNDLE PACK 2 with over 30 additional playable indie titles : )

Checked them all on the eink. Either good or bearable : ) All Indie titles. A real mix.

Took forever to go through what was on offer and check the eink performance...
Yeah it's not FIFA 2013 but enjoy.

Will try to hookup with some other responsible rom distributors to expand our bundles reach.

Still over 30 playable titles is a large improvement on Zero.

Kual! lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_100.png
Views:	365
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	101067  

Last edited by twobob; 02-11-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #250
twobob

updated loader covering more corner cases just around corner.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #251
twobob

Okay.

Updated Loader

Now will even handle a completely missing fbgnuboy install.

Enjoy. Please report any errors. thanks.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #252
twobob

playing with X again... The touch taunts me
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_115.png
Views:	387
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	101285   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_116.png
Views:	366
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	101286  
Old 03-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #253
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
playing with X again... The touch taunts me
I've always loved emulators; would be fun to see this on a Touch. Not sure how the controls would work?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #254
twobob

I have it running on my touch tbh. plus there is sound!

The only thing I could NOT get working was a reliable key repeat.
Asked for help. none was forthcoming...

if I could figure out a way to make the TS keep sending events I could release this
(dithering withstanding)

I simply scraped the TS info using the method outlined in the mplayer GUI example.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #255
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Nice! Need to invest some time into this... Reliable key repeat is kind of an issue. Though - is it really needed? The K3 version doesn't implement some kind of repeat either. Maybe the handling of multitouch needs a bit of love?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote