Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #1516
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
And besides, I still have the three musketeers series keeping me busy. The last book alone has already lasted me more than a month, and I've still got about 30% to go before the ending.
I read those at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011. They're a good read, I think. When you've finished, you might like the Musketeer Mysteries by Sarah S'Almeida (Sarah A. Hoyt), which are set at the time when D'Artagnan has just arrived in Paris.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #1517
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I read those at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011. They're a good read, I think. When you've finished, you might like the Musketeer Mysteries by Sarah S'Almeida (Sarah A. Hoyt), which are set at the time when D'Artagnan has just arrived in Paris.
Thanks, it looks interesting. I'll add it to my list... but this is definitely NOT the way to help an addict.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #1518
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Just great. You vow not to buy any more books this year and yet you are now causing me to buy these.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #1519
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, you're welcome just to add them to a wish-list. Wait for a good deal at your favourite ebook store.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #1520
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
Good luck with it!

I'm also back to not buying anything after the Humble Bundle.

And besides, I still have the three musketeers series keeping me busy. The last book alone has already lasted me more than a month, and I've still got about 30% to go before the ending.
I bought the humble bundle for android games lol
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #1521
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
My $5 Amazon GC from a survey I took came through, perfect timing! The Last Man for $9.99.....ahhh, it's like the good old days .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #1522
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Thanks. I didn't buy an ebook yesterday. Only 49 days to go....
Alas, I didn't make it. I plead special circumstances. Fictionwise is closing down, and I've just bought the Jan 2013 issues of Analog and Asimov's. I would have bought them in January, but I don't think I could have bought them for over 50% off. (45% code and 15% buywise club = 53.25% off)

But no more! No more ebooks before February 2013. (Yes, I've added on a month.) No more ebooks until 1st February 2013.

Only 77 days to go!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #1523
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
They're not books.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #1524
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
They're not books.
They're close enough to count.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #1525
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Alas, I didn't make it. I plead special circumstances. Fictionwise is closing down, and I've just bought the Jan 2013 issues of Analog and Asimov's. I would have bought them in January, but I don't think I could have bought them for over 50% off. (45% code and 15% buywise club = 53.25% off)

But no more! No more ebooks before February 2013. (Yes, I've added on a month.) No more ebooks until 1st February 2013.

Only 77 days to go!
I wonder if Fictionwise will have a big Going out of Business sale? Heehee.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #1526
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
That re-usable Bargainmoose40 coupon for Kobo got me. Sigh.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #1527
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
That re-usable Bargainmoose40 coupon for Kobo got me. Sigh.
I sympathise it got me too.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #1528
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

No, I'm holding out! No 40% off coupons are going to tempt me before 1st February 2013!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #1529
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
*whimpers* So far, I have gotten all my Swedish e-books from the library, since Swedish prices are outrageous. Except, now they are having a campaign and offers a bunch of the titles on my Swedish wishlist for 8 dollar or less. ( Normally an e-book costs at least 13 dollar.)
And I am really torn, since I want to reward them by buying some of the books.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #1530
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
*whimpers* So far, I have gotten all my Swedish e-books from the library, since Swedish prices are outrageous. Except, now they are having a campaign and offers a bunch of the titles on my Swedish wishlist for 8 dollar or less. ( Normally an e-book costs at least 13 dollar.)
And I am really torn, since I want to reward them by buying some of the books.
If it's a special, time-limited offer, and the books are on your wishlist, it's within the rules to get some.

Unless you've made some special commitment to not buy anything?