Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 12:15 AM   #16
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If you have to force yourself to like something, it really isn't for you. Its either right, or not. And, its NOT "fugly"
Fugly is in the eye of the beholder

I don't own one, but think the Kindle is unique looking. Its looks certainly wouldn't play a part in my purchase decision.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post

I don't own one, but think the Kindle is unique looking. Its looks certainly wouldn't play a part in my purchase decision.
Yep. I didn't particularly like the looks of it in photos but I bought it anyway. I do feel it looks better in person and out of the case. Unlike most people, I prefer the naked Kindle (scandalous, I know). I use the case when I'm out but at home, it's live nude Kindle. Though I find the design quite ergonomic I would prefer some other changes to the physical form. The case color does not appeal to me and I think the keyboard could have been integrated in a more stylish manner. However, while I like for objects in my life to be both beautiful and functional, I will always weigh function more heavily than form. I would pay more for a reader than pleased my eyes, but it would still need to have all my high-priority features.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #18
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post

Agreed .... fugly is definitely in the eye of the beholder. However, I have to wonder (just a little) about anyone who would:

1. Call a device "Fugly" (with a capital "F" no less);
2. Then say the looks of the device don't matter (ok ... so why mention it?);
3. Then retract the original statement and say that their only concern about looks are because it might get stolen and/or that it should have been black instead of white (ah, the old "Black is Beautiful and White is Fugly" argument).

Is it too much to ask that a person form an opinion and then stick with that opinion for ..... oh, maybe a day or so?? People who waffle all over the place are highly unlikely to ever feel really secure in their actions. It's been my general experience that they are mostly looking for someone to blame their choice on (as soon as they are pretty sure that someone forced them to make the wrong decision).

OK .... well, here you go. You can blame it on me when you don't like it. Buy the damn Sony and have done with it, Gfinch.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #19
Gfinch
Junky
Gfinch is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 and REB-1100
Whoa!! Sorry

I did not mean to tick off all the Kindleites here. I was expressing a opinion, perhaps a little too strongly. Let me try to clarify. As far as the kindles looks I do not like them but that would not be the deciding factor in any purchase, function is the highest priority for a reader. The new firmware upgrade for the Sony is the major factor supporting a purchase decision for it.

I hope I have not made anyone too mad or upset. I want to hang around here and get to know everybody.
Gfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #20
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Aw, don't worry about us. We'll get over it. Good luck with whatever you choose!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, kindle, newbie, sony reader