Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Oh, how I missed Bebook

Some time ago I got Bebook One and enjoyed it quite a lot. I sold it because I had a pause in reading and thought I would not nee it any more.

Today I went to our local library and borrowed Bebook Mini, oh the love at first sight. I just love this thing, all the Sony's and Cybooks look like toys from Star Trek, there is just some kind of appeal in Bebook One and Bebook Mini that I missed. I am planning on getting my own Bebook Mini some time soon.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
I have been contemplating the purchase of a Bebook Club. Just thought I would mention it. (Seems kinda pointless, now that I have said it...)
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
I have been contemplating the purchase of a Bebook Club. Just thought I would mention it. (Seems kinda pointless, now that I have said it...)

Anthem, it is not. I did not know there is a Bebook Club and will now go to find out about it.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Yes, I know about Bebook Neo and Bebook Club, but for some reason I like the Bebook One/Mini design and functionality when it comes to buttons etc...
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Personally I love my Mini, the size is perfect for packing around everywhere to maximize reading time during the day.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
: my Mini too
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
: my Mini too
What are you talking about exactly when you say you love your "Mini"?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

my reader you nasty little AAAARGH
Old 04-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze View Post
Yes, I know about Bebook Neo and Bebook Club, but for some reason I like the Bebook One/Mini design and functionality when it comes to buttons etc...
The best e-ink reader ever made. I have 2. A primary and a backup. So does my brother.

Why is it the best one ever made.

1. - removable SD chip. If it ever dies, my library is just a pop out away. (or if the chip goes bad (I backup every couple months) I relead a new chip and pop in.

2. - Standard replaceable battery. I'm on my second battery on one of the readers.

3. - Firmware choices. I'm running Openinkpot, but the factory firmware isn't bad.

So it looks industrial. Put it in a nice cover, (to protect the screen), and nobody will notice, not even you...

Only complaint, doesn't handle SDHC chips. (can't have everything.)

I don't know how long they will last but hopefully quite a few batteries' worth.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The mini does handle SDHC cards with the Jinke firmware.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

the pity about the mini is it doesn't have standard battery - indeed can't have everything