Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-02-2023, 11:04 PM   #1
Ethona
Ethona began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reader window on right top of page.

I don't know if this is the place for this problem but here it goes.
I use the Calibre text to speech extensively. The reader window is on the right side top of the page instead of the right bottom. I have tried to move it down but I can't find a way. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
Ethona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 02:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure what you are asking. If you mean the read aloud bar, no there is no way to change its location.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2023, 10:19 AM   #3
Ethona
Ethona began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok, thanks. It varies by installations. If I get the calibre portable from the Calibre website then the bar is on the right top corner of the page covering the words. If I get it from Portable APP the bar is at the bottom in a none intrusive way.

I have an old version 5.44 which was installed like a regular program and the bar of the reader is at the bottom right corner, which I like because I'm able to read along.

I have tried the linux version, tried many different versions in windows, fresh installed in different folders downloaded from Calibre website and again, the bar is on the top covering the words.

It appears that I got lucky with this fluke. I will never delete my 5.44 out of window box because the bar is perfect, located in the right bottom side of the page. I got lucky I guess!

Thanks for responding.

Last edited by Ethona; 11-03-2023 at 10:22 AM.
Ethona is offline   Reply With Quote