Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 08:05 PM   #151
raiseal
raiseal began at the beginning.

Device: N647
rules of the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexmor View Post
I have private messaging now enabled thanks to a moderator. Could you help me with the sd image for n647.
okay, I am working on it. It says that sending more messages helps so I guess it pays to be chatty, though that isn't my usual way. I am happy to try to get this Kobo working again even though I bought another just so that I can use one right now. After the improvements that keep going higher and higher I am falling back to the earlier forms of these ereaders without touch screens so that they can be handled more like a book when reading. But it's good to find this site anyway since it is a new source of books too.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:28 PM   #152
raiseal

I have received the PM permissions via an admin's good graces.

N647 confirmed.

thanks,
raiseal
Advert
Old 08-26-2019, 10:11 PM   #153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:17 AM   #154
raiseal

thank you so much! Used balenaEtcher on a mac and it works great.

thanks again,

raiseal
Old 10-28-2019, 08:24 AM   #155
lewarcher
lewarcher began at the beginning.

Device: none
N647B

Just found this thread after trying various solutions to the boot loop I'm stuck in.

Grand Sorceror davidfor, could I grab an n647B image from you when you have time? Much appreciated!

Also, this could be a dumb question, but why doesn't Kobo have their images posted for users to reinstall when their products need rebooting/reinstalling?

Last edited by lewarcher; 10-28-2019 at 08:27 AM. Reason: question
Advert
Old 10-28-2019, 09:06 AM   #156
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:40 PM   #157
thisisloze
thisisloze began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
image as well

can I get the image as well? my kobo just shit the bed.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #158
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #159
Danchvn
Danchvn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Hello There.
A while back you sent me the image for my Kobo wifi (N647) which I was successfully able to load back on my Kobo to get it working. Just recently I mistakenly let it do an update and it again no longer recognizes my books. Could you possible send me the N647 image again?
Thank you
Old 11-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #161
Altosdale
Altosdale began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647 , n647b and n905
need a copy for my n647 too , the device just loops at start up , also is there any way to safely install a larger capacity micro sd card onboard ?
Sorry new member and working with two older kobo n647 and n647b so dont want to mess them up
Old 11-15-2019, 10:32 PM   #162
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

Memory Upgrade Mod Guide has some instructions for using a larger card. I don't know what the biggest card is that will work in the WiFi. A 4GB probably will, maybe a 16GB, but I doubt if anything larger will.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #163
ortelsburger
ortelsburger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altosdale View Post
need a copy for my n647 too , the device just loops at start up ....
Sorry I also have this problem with my n647b so I have a kind request on a copy of firmware for this model.

Thanks a lot..
Old 12-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #164
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #165
Andrew Billo
Andrew Billo began at the beginning.

I need that n647 image.

Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
help needed, image, kobo, kobo firmware, kobo wifi