Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 07:30 AM   #16
lucasrato
Enthusiast
lucasrato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If your Kindle can run firmware 5.12.2, keep WiFi off and never ever sync again or someday you will get the new firmware and lose your jailbreak.

This is the only way to keep our jailbreak in place. So you a choice to never again sync or lose your jailbreak.
I tried to install the last hotfix (oct-11), got error 007.

My JB is lost forever?
lucasrato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:32 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasrato View Post
I tried to install the last hotfix (oct-11), got error 007.

My JB is lost forever?
Or until there is a way to jailbreak in a future firmware. But yes, gone from 5.12.2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #18
lucasrato
Enthusiast

Quote:
Or until there is a way to jailbreak in a future firmware. But yes, gone from 5.12.2.
So I don't get it. Why to keep the wifi off? It's gone anyways
Old 10-29-2019, 08:09 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So I don't get it. Why to keep the wifi off? It's gone anyways
If you don't have 5.12.2, then keeping WiFi off is the only way to keep the jailbreak.

But, if you have 5.12.2 and a jailbreak somehow gets found and you get updated to a newer version, you could be screwed. It's up to you.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:16 AM   #20
lucasrato
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you don't have 5.12.2, then keeping WiFi off is the only way to keep the jailbreak.

But, if you have 5.12.2 and a jailbreak somehow gets found and you get updated to a newer version, you could be screwed. It's up to you.
From what I've been reading, it's very unlikely there will be a JB for this version. I'm with no computer nearby but when I do I'll try to flash the factory firmware 5.10.1.3. I don't think it will work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, I saw someone saying something about entering the Diags mode, this is only possible with some rescue package or something like that, right? I hadn't it installed, only KOreader.

So far I tried only to flash the newest hotfix and got error 007.

Besides trying flashing the factory firmware, is there something else I could try?
Old 10-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
From what I've been reading, it's very unlikely there will be a JB for this version. I'm with no computer nearby but when I do I'll try to flash the factory firmware 5.10.1.3. I don't think it will work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, I saw someone saying something about entering the Diags mode, this is only possible with some rescue package or something like that, right? I hadn't it installed, only KOreader.

So far I tried only to flash the newest hotfix and got error 007.

Besides trying flashing the factory firmware, is there something else I could try?
And if you do manage to go back, you'll never be able to turn on WIFi and sync.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:21 AM   #22
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Damn. My pw4 just got updated automatically. I had the hotfix and the folder impeding the update. Now it is restarting, let's hope I won't lose my JB :'(
Which version was running before the update?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #23
lucasrato
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Old 10-29-2019, 01:11 PM   #24
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Quote:
Thank you. There seems to be variations on which device/5.12.x combinations ignore the blocking directory.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:01 AM   #25
pavel-s
Enthusiast
pavel-s began at the beginning.

Device: PW3/4
Jailbreak lost on PW4 after 5.12.2 update

The same. I lost my JB on Kindle Paperwhite 4 after 5.12.2 update.
Code:
;log mrpi
behaves as a generic search (shows kindle store results).

Hotfixes mentioned in this thread are not helping - both invalid software update packages.

The Hotfix from the snapshots page fails with James Bond's "update error: 007".
pavel-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel-s View Post
The same. I lost my JB on Kindle Paperwhite 4 after 5.12.2 update.
Code:
;log mrpi
behaves as a generic search (shows kindle store results).

Hotfixes mentioned in this thread are not helping - both invalid software update packages.

The Hotfix from the snapshots page fails with James Bond's "update error: 007".
Try this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=641
Report your results, good or bad, to that thread above.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:49 PM   #27
pavel-s
Enthusiast
pavel-s began at the beginning.

Device: PW3/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=641
Report your results, good or bad, to that thread above.
Thanks, @knc1

I've posted the results to that thread. Unfortunately, they are not good in my case. And now I'm starting to understand why you've created the "firewall" extension for kindle =)
pavel-s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, updata