Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 03:09 AM   #1
Naimi
Naimi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Cool Onyx Boox Note 10.3 is available Now

Hello every One

Onyx Boox international website just launch a page about Onyx boox note
Unfortunately, Buy now button does not function.
http://boox.com/index.php/en/products/boox-note-series
That's all
Naimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:48 AM   #2
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Is that USB-C? Ugh, I've had nothing but trouble with that type of port.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2018, 05:15 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimi View Post
Hello every One

Onyx Boox international website just launch a page about Onyx boox note
Unfortunately, Buy now button does not function.
http://boox.com/index.php/en/products/boox-note-series
That's all
We have opened pre-order for it:
https://ereader.store/en/e-book-read...x-note-25.html
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #4
Icey
Connoisseur
Icey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max
no micro sd ?
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
There is a problem with the website. It says:
Quote:
Free Shipping Wolrdwide!
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
There is a problem with the website. It says:
Why is that a problem? I received free shipping when I ordered my Max from Booxtor and I live in Canada.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #7
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Why is that a problem? I received free shipping when I ordered my Max from Booxtor and I live in Canada.
It is misspelled.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #8
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It is misspelled.
I just assumed that was the American spelling of the word.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #9
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Wow, if that's the price for the model without HDMI, I don't dare imagine what the full version will cost. I'm very interested in this form factor and device, but there's no way I can justify splashing >500€ for this, much less the >600€ they seem to be heading for for the full version with HDMI and a slightly more usable storage option. Looks like a nice device, but unless it seriously drops in price I'll have to decline. Around €400 I'd probably jump right on board (even though that's still a lot for a monochrome device with limited, albeit at least much improved power).
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #10
Question Mark
Wizard

I like that it comes with a case. Would the case also happen to be a sleep cover?

Sad that there seem to be no page turn or menu buttons. Those have helped me to escape from various apps a few times on the Max.

And no micro SD slot is a definite bummer.

Will have to give this a serious think over...
Old 01-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #11
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I could see the Note dimensions are
249.5x177.8mm but what are the screen dimensions? Would like to compare it to A4 page.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:21 AM   #12
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I could see the Note dimensions are
249.5x177.8mm but what are the screen dimensions? Would like to compare it to A4 page.
You got the diagonal. Draw a line on a piece of paper from one corner to the other. Then measure 10.3 inches (about 26 cm) on the line. Then fold the paper on the mark horizontally, then vertical. That's how big it is and you can compare it to the whole page right there in your hand.

Or roughly 20cmx16cm is the size of screen.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:34 AM   #13
Naimi
Naimi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Dear Booxtor
Is there is any chance to update Onyx Note 10.3 with front light?
It's very important to me.
Thanks

Last edited by Naimi; 01-11-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Naimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #14
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Hmmm. must ponder this.

On the one hand, the size is good for the occasional pdf I may read. Android 6.0 means that I can run a couple of apps that are designed for 5.0 or higher.

On the other, no frontlight? A frontlight is nice, but my paper books have never had them. No page turn buttons? I'll miss those when reading something, but most tablets have never had them. Price? Well, $550 (US) puts it in iPad territory. eInk is slightly easier on my eyes than my iPad's display, but is that difference worth that much? Not sure.

If there was a six or seven inch eInk device that ran Android 6.0 or higher, I'd probably pull the trigger right away, as it would cost less than this. I'm still tempted by the Note, but I'm not sure it's worth the cost to me. It's good to see Onyx offering such a device, though.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:07 AM   #15
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
@DuckieTigger: I think I am getting aged. Those odd misspells happen often to me and I just don't see them Thanks for pointing to this!
@Naimi: Front light (light conducting layer) is very hard to attach to a flexible screen. Since it is easy to bend, it would cause lighting unevenness and darker spots on the finger/stylus press position (similar effect if you press with finger on your LCD/LED/plasma-TV panel). The front light would be possible with glass screen though. One of considerations of hardware designers of Onyx is to offer a Note version with flat panel made of glass (Canvas screen). This would allow to implement frontlight. So it is likely Onyx will offer frontlight for this Note successor later.
@Question Mark: This cover AFAIK should support sleep function.
@franzli: Net price is EUR 462, the rest is VAT
If you order as a company you don't need to pay VAT. I also don't like the conception of VAT at all. The US taxation model for retail is IMHO better and easier to understand. But we are in EU , so we have to act according to EU laws.

Additionally it is really cheap if you compare to the closest competition of Note the Remarkable tablet (with much less equipped hardware), the EU price of it is EUR 629 + Cover EUR 79 + replacement stylus EUR 79 .

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-11-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote