Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
novels.books
novels.books began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Dead Battery??

I am facing an issue with my EZReader Pocket Pro. I bought it 7 months ago. For the past month I am having some problems. The battery dies within 3 days. I charge it for 8-9 hours. And again, after 2-3 days, it just dies.

I have done the following things:

1. Pressed and held the "Reset" button for 10 seconds.
2. Removed the battery from the socket and they inserted it again after 30 minutes.
3. Flashed it with an old firmware, with which I had no problems.
4. Changed the SD card.

None of these worked.

I had mailed Aztak support. They replied back telling me to charge the device overnight, unplug the power cable, and then plug back for another 3 hours. This did not work. I mailed them back asking for advise. This was over 2 weeks ago. I am yet to get a reply. Now, the power lasts only 1 day.

Does this mean the battery is dead after just 7 months or is there any other problem??
novels.books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by novels.books View Post
I am facing an issue with my EZReader Pocket Pro. I bought it 7 months ago. For the past month I am having some problems. The battery dies within 3 days. I charge it for 8-9 hours. And again, after 2-3 days, it just dies.

2. Removed the battery from the socket and they inserted it again after 30 minutes.
4. Changed the SD card.

None of these worked.

I had mailed Aztak support. They replied back telling me to charge the device overnight, unplug the power cable, and then plug back for another 3 hours. This did not work. I mailed them back asking for advise. This was over 2 weeks ago. I am yet to get a reply. Now, the power lasts only 1 day.

Does this mean the battery is dead after just 7 months or is there any other problem??
What firmware are you using?
What format book were you reading? (EPUB,FB2...)
Did you trick up the file to use Coolreader?

My PEz (using since Sep 09) still holds a charge . I currently use older Firmware (Dec 09)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak Support

Quote:

4. Changed the SD card.

None of these worked.

Dear NovelsBooks:

You can reach Astak by either calling 1-866-368-8788 or emailing (as you did) to support@astak.com.

Please send me a PM with your real name, your real email address, and a copy of your latest email to them.

I apologize for the oversight on their part. Get it to me and I will take it to the Techies.

Offhand, it sounds like your problem may be your firmware. If you have the latest firmware on it... go back to the firmware dated December 2009. You can find that at: www.astak.com. There have been charge life problems reported with the March and April firmware upgrades. I have recommended to everyone to go back to the December firmware which does not have that problem. I am sorry you are having troubles and I do want to get your problem solved!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What firmware are you using?
What format book were you reading? (EPUB,FB2...)
Did you trick up the file to use Coolreader?

My PEz (using since Sep 09) still holds a charge . I currently use older Firmware (Dec 09)
I have gone back to Dec09 firmware (no battery issue but I thought I would avoid the risk of it happening).

Have you noticed the page turns with epubs are faster with the Dec09 firmware as well as reduced ghosting??
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
@novels.books,

If you are using the latest April or March firmware, I suggest going back to the December '09 firmware. The latest firmware drains the battery within a few hours to a few days if you use the lockscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Have you noticed the page turns with epubs are faster with the Dec09 firmware as well as reduced ghosting??
Hmm, well I've noticed the page turns are faster on the latest FW, not on the Dec '09 one. Otherwise, almost no ghosting on the Dec '09 FW.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 07:15 AM   #6
novels.books

I have been using the December 2009 firmware for the past 20 days... but the issue still persists.

Quote:
Please send me a PM
What is a PM??
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
I have been using the December 2009 firmware for the past 20 days... but the issue still persists.

What is a PM??
A PM is a private message. If you left-click on the forums users name, in this case Robertb a list of options will appear, one will be 'send a private message'. This will send a private message to Robert which wont be seen by us.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
novels.books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
A PM is a private message. If you left-click on the forums users name, in this case Robertb a list of options will appear, one will be 'send a private message'. This will send a private message to Robert which wont be seen by us.
Thanks Solicitous
Old 06-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Waiting for your PM

Quote:
Thanks Solicitous
Dear novels.books:

Yes, a PM is a Private Message and is very easy to do. Please do not be afraid.

I would like our tech people to help. MOST battery issues so far are more a problem of the latest firmware upgrade. Did you do any firmware upgrades in the last 7 months since the device arrived and, more importantly, are you on the December, 2009 firmware upgrade presently?

Please let me know your real name and your email address (we file everything by email address here). Thank you. I look forward to helping!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
novels.books

Sending the PPro back

After a loong mail conversation with the Aztak team... it was concluded that it is not a battery problem. They have asked me to send the PPro back for repair or replacement.

So, I am sending the ereader back

Tags
aztak, battery problem, pocketpro