Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
bookworm01
bookworm01 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Restore help with Macbook

Hello All, I know very little about computers and in playing around with my Calibre I accidentally deleted all of my books. I have no idea how to restore my database. I looked in the user manual and it shows to type --really-do-it in the command line. One, i have no idea where the command line is, and two, i tried typing that in a text box a bunch of different ways and it just says:

Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net>
44ownloads waltercruz$ --really-do-it
-bash: --really-do-it: command not found
44ownloads waltercruz$ "--really-do-it"
-bash: --really-do-it: command not found
44ownloads waltercruz$

Can someone help me? And please explain in Laymen's terms
bookworm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The restore_database command requires that the book files are still physically in the library. Are they? Use the file explorer for your system and go to the folder/directory that contained calibre's library. You should see a bunch of folders named for authors. Inside those folders should be more folders named for titles. Inside these second-level folders should be various files. Do you have these?

If the files aren't there, then unless you have a backup of your library somewhere, you are out of luck.

If the files are there, then is there a file named metadata.db in the same folder as the one containing all the authors' names?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert