Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-10-2023, 05:16 AM   #421
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Dictionary usage related to swiping to move to other word explanation is
very, very cumbersome, very inefficient and frustrating
(waiting for text to clear-up and stabilise)

Just small button to move further down to other section of translation is acceptabe
and very efficient solution!

Big cheers to developers!

Last edited by VladimirS; 02-10-2023 at 05:22 AM. Reason: addition of text
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 01:00 PM   #422
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Pocketbook devices (tested with a Pocketbook Era and a Pocketbook InkPad 3) seem to not support IPv6 at all.

More and more ISPs are using native IPv6 for internet connections, tunnelling IPv4 over a NAT gateway. While solutions like NAT64 help IPv6-clients reach IPv4 destinations, it doesn't help anything for IPv4-clients like Pocketbook readers.

When I try to visit a page like test-ipv6.com in the Browser on my Pocketbook Era, it doesn't seem to be using IPv6 at all; not even when the network signals to the client to finally use IPv6 instead of IPv4 (RFC8925). When there's no IPv4 available in a network (only IPv6), there's either a timeout while connecting to the Wifi, or an error message like "Error obtaining IP address".

My readers aren't rooted so I can't check if IPv6 is "just" disabled in the Pocketbook software or if the whole Linux kernel has been compiled without IPv6 - but neither of which is something that should happen for new devices released in 2022. The Pocketbook doesn't seem to respond to pings to its link-local address, so either IPv6 is completely disabled, or the device deliberately blocks IPv6 pings and only allows IPv4 pings ...

Same goes, by the way, for most of Pocketbook's websites (and this very forum, but that's OT in this thread).

pocketbook-int.com, pocketbook.digital, pocketbook.ch, none of these have an IPv6 address. Only the german page pocketbook.de has a working IPv6 address (probably a Cloudflare proxy). Though these websites do work through a NAT64 so in my opinion, supporting IPv6 in the devices and their software is way more important than supporting IPv6 on the webpages.

Newer Tolino devices seem to support IPv6 (though I haven't personally verified that). Is there a particular reason IPv6 support is missing on even the newest Pocketbook devices, or is this yet another case of "hasn't been needed in the past" one often hears from vendors regarding IPv6 support?

Yes, right now all internet connections offer at least something like a CLAT to support these legacy devices not supporting IPv6, but I can imagine that in the next couple years there will be some ISPs shutting that down because all normal operating systems have long been supporting IPv6, and less and less devices are going to need a CLAT, just a PLAT/NAT64 to connect to an IPv4 destination. Pocketbook devices would stop working then.

Are there any plans of future-proofing the Pocketbook devices, bringing them up to the "current version" of the internet by supporting IPv6? Given that the Pocketbook devices are running a full Linux and not some other random OS, I can't imagine it'd be too hard to add. It's probably just a kernel flag somewhere, and a couple of GUI changes.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 02-16-2023 at 01:17 PM.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2023, 12:45 PM   #423
VulcanRidr
VulcanRidr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Stardust Silver
I have had my Pocketbook Era since the end of January, 2023. There are three items so far on my wishlist:
  • A quicker way to connect bluetooth headphones. Currently, or at least the way I have found to connect my Tozo earbuds involves center-tapping the page you are reading, then tapping the gear icon in the top right, then going into bluetooth, then selecting the headphones, then hoping they connect. (Sometimes, they pop up the "cannot connect to the bluetooth device" error, which then requires turning off bluetooth and back on, and hoping for the best. Today, I was going to listen while I shopped, and I don't know if it was because of the number of bluetooth devices, but it took me almost 5 minutes to get the reader to connect to my earbud.) Perhaps a "last bluetooth device connected" icon or something in the pulldown menu, so we don't have to drill down through multiple layers of menus would be helpful.
  • Interface with Calibre and/or ability to read the book number in sequence of a series. Now maybe I am just too new to the pocketbook interface, but I have, as yet, been unable to get my Era to talk to Calibre on my FreeBSD desktop. I can manually mount the Era on my filesystem and copy books over, and the series seems to get copied from my filesystem, but not the books in order. When clicking on Series, the books appear in alphabetical order.
  • Night mode. White text on a black background. 'Nuff said.

So far, the Pocketbook Era is a wonderful device, especially coming from a 4" Nokia N900 running FBreader. My eyes ain't getting any younger, and the 7" e-ink display of the Era is great.

Thanks,
--vr
VulcanRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 01:33 PM   #424
profysory
profysory began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3_(PB-740)
I am using Pocketbook InkPad 3.
I need support for hyperlinks in a dictionary.
profysory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 03:00 PM   #425
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
I have had my Pocketbook Era since the end of January, 2023. There are three items so far on my wishlist:
  • Interface with Calibre and/or ability to read the book number in sequence of a series. Now maybe I am just too new to the pocketbook interface, but I have, as yet, been unable to get my Era to talk to Calibre on my FreeBSD desktop. I can manually mount the Era on my filesystem and copy books over, and the series seems to get copied from my filesystem, but not the books in order. When clicking on Series, the books appear in alphabetical order.
On my Touch Lux 5, I use the Browser to access the Calibre Server. If you turn on the Calibre Server in Caliber, it will show you the address to use. The Calibre Server allows you to do a lot (such as downloading any book in the Calibre library to the Pocketbook).
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2023, 10:43 PM   #426
VulcanRidr

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
On my Touch Lux 5, I use the Browser to access the Calibre Server. If you turn on the Calibre Server in Caliber, it will show you the address to use. The Calibre Server allows you to do a lot (such as downloading any book in the Calibre library to the Pocketbook).
Thanks, slm...I figured that out at some point. The problem is that this was a new setup, and I had a couple of hundred books... Fortunately, I was able to get it to mount via USB on my FreeBSD box and transferred the books that way.

--vr

Last edited by VulcanRidr; 02-28-2023 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 01:07 AM   #427
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I would like to see the option to open the dictionary window to full screen. Long definitions are difficult to scroll on the small screen.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:57 PM   #428
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
I would love to see popup footnotes.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:59 PM   #429
Marlieske
Marlieske began at the beginning.

Device: Forma and Era
When i connect my shokz bluetooth headphones and play a audiobook, the connection stops. I need this headphone because im single sided deaf. Had anyone had this same experience with other headphones or is it just the Shokz?
Marlieske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:56 PM   #430
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlieske View Post
When i connect my shokz bluetooth headphones and play a audiobook, the connection stops. I need this headphone because im single sided deaf. Had anyone had this same experience with other headphones or is it just the Shokz?
Do you have any other headphones to try or can you borrow some from a friend to try?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:46 PM   #431
VulcanRidr

One thing I thought of that would be a nice to have...The G-sensor will rotate the text every time the reader is turned 90 degrees. Each time the screen goes from portrait to landscape, the books I read (epubs) seem to move back about 1/2 page. So I would like to request an option to lock the G-sensor to be able to set it to either rotate in landscape or portrait. That way, among other things, if you are listening to the text-to-speech and the G-sensor flips the text 90*, it doesn't confuse the text.

--vr
Old 06-08-2023, 05:55 AM   #432
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Yes, an option to rotate only 180° is important.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 12:37 AM   #433
conquerli
conquerli began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad Color PB742
My pocketbook ink color PB742, need the Pocketbook Cloud service.
conquerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:40 AM   #434
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Signature
Fonts: graduated bold

Hi - using Inkpad 4.

Font control is a little limited. I do find the contrast on my Inkpad 4 a bit weak. The typeface is not as black as I would like.

This can be remedied by making fonts bold but there is no graded bold available here. It's on or off - and when it's on it makes the typeface way too fat!

Some other ereaders allow a little bit of bold. On my other reader that really helps to enhance visibility (and thus readability).

A graduated bold function would a nice feature to have.
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #435
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savate View Post
Hi - using Inkpad 4.

Font control is a little limited. I do find the contrast on my Inkpad 4 a bit weak. The typeface is not as black as I would like.

This can be remedied by making fonts bold but there is no graded bold available here. It's on or off - and when it's on it makes the typeface way too fat!

Some other ereaders allow a little bit of bold. On my other reader that really helps to enhance visibility (and thus readability).

A graduated bold function would a nice feature to have.
I agree, I have found two possible solutions:
  1. download a font with also "medium" and, instead of installing the "regular" install the "medium". Of course install also the "bold" so the font will be heavier but possibly not too heavy. I like Literata Book.
  2. The other solution is to install KOReader that has this feature. The only trouble with it is that it can't handle books with DRM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote