Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Question about PDFs and Kindle DX

A major complaint seems to be you can't markup PDFs.

So I was wondering: would it work to convert the PDF to a MOBI and view the MOBI version in full-sized DX Glory and mark up to your heart's content?

Seems like that would be a fairly straight forward (and probably even legal!) workaround...

What do y'all think?
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Yes, you can, but subject to the same issues PDF conversion always had.

I believe the ability to highlight and annotate PDFs will be upgraded in the future. I can't imagine schools being happy otherwise.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert