Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-15-2022, 09:10 PM   #1
EddyNottingham
EddyNottingham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper 2021
Question Request: The Economist Espresso Recipe

Hello,

I am an avid reader of The Economist on their Android app, but sadly reading on the phone at night prevents me from feeling tired. I recently have had the joy of finding the built-in news recipe for downloading The Economist onto my Kindle which means I can finally sleep at night! Thank you Calibre!

However, I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to create a recipe for Espresso, which is the Economist's daily news summary found on Android under the app name of "Espresso". However, the identical web version can be found at https://www.economist.com/the-world-in-brief, and is fully accessible if you have JavaScript disabled for the page.

I wanted to try to make this myself to give back to the community, but when I looked through Kovid's github containing his recipes, my brain exploded.

Thank you for reading my request, sincerely,
Eddy
EddyNottingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:51 AM   #2
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
i don't know if i can post this here but there is an extension https://gitlab.com/magnolia1234/bypa...-firefox-clean there's same for chrome too..

But most of us want it to show-up on kindle, which would require calibre recipe.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2022, 02:40 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This doesnt seem very suited for recipes, given its just a few paragraphs on each topic. Recipes are generally meant to create entire newspapers/magazines with long form articles.

This site would probably render OK in the kindle browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:33 PM   #4
Newsman
Newsman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Every day, I load a half-dozen sites into Kindle using the news fetching recipes. While many are long, I need to have the short ones, too, as my reading is in places where there is no Wi-Fi (like restaurants) to use the Kindle browser. Is it impossible to make recipes for these more abbreviated sites?

I would also like to download the ISW updates on Ukraine, which is at
https://www.understandingwar.org/
but all I get is the raw HTML gobbledegook.

Fewer and fewer websites and blogs are using RSS these days, making use of recipes much, much harder.
Newsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 09:47 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's not impossible, it's just not something I care to do.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2022, 12:43 PM   #6
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
I made one based on already present economist weekly recipe..
Attached Files
File Type: recipe The Economist Espresso.recipe (5.7 KB, 119 views)
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 11:06 PM   #7
Newsman
Newsman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you, thank you! It works perfectly.
Newsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economist, espresso, news, recipe, request