Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
korben
Enthusiast
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: pocketbook touch 2
Choice lists for "Search" and "Replace"

Hello,

I find it lacks a list of choices for the options "Search" and "Replace" the search window of Calibre Editor.

It would like the picture below and greatly enhance the use of these options :

It would be as in "Mode" option.

Have an nive day
korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use Saved searches (Search->Saved searches) for that. And those fields have autocomplete based on previously typed in expressions.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
korben
Enthusiast
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hello kovidgoyal,

yes, I've seen this option, but you should have to type a letter first to see the content of this list while the arrows avoid this entry: you see the contents of this list directly with the mouse.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kovid
I think the difference is in the work flow.

I use 'Saved Searches' for permanent routines (applies to many cases)

When I clean a book, I use a search and replace in Replace Next mode until I am sure.
Sometimes, I find a S&R case that should have been done BEFORE the one I used.
I build and run that one, then I want to quickly return to the previous one.

Sometimes these only vary way (more than visiblly fits) at the end, and only by a few characters .

The pulldown history list seems way easier in these cases, at least for me.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If all you want to do is jump back to the previously typed in expression, right click and undo.

I have no interest in adding a popup list to those controls as I find the use case not worth the effort.
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
korben
Enthusiast

euh, no Kovid, this is not exactly what I mean.

The arrows can be displayed with one click all searches (or replacements) already made and choose the same movement that we want to use again or create a new one.
Many programs use this architecture, you can test in Libre Office or notepad + + for example (the operation of the research is also active with CTRL F, as in Calibre).

Good luck
Old 07-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I was responding to theducks, not you. In any case, I realized this is actually fairly trivial to implement thanks to the flexibility of calibre's custom complete widget, so here you go: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...8b26a89806a9ad
Old 07-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #8
korben
Enthusiast

Thank you for having added the arrows to select the previous research, it is an extremely good option.