Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-05-2020, 08:06 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Is there a way to disable the "books with the same titles" dialogue?

I just added 2 copies each of 2 books which are Untitled by Unknown. That's the default metadata when I've used Ghostscript to pre-process pdfs for Kindle compatibility. I get this message half the time I'm adding pdfs.

If I try to add these books to Calibre, and then move the files to the appropriate backup folder, and then check Calibre and encounter that message, then Calibre fails to import.

Is there a way to get rid of that message?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 04:35 AM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
In the section of adding books of the calibre settings, the second card (my calibre is in Italian, I don't know the correct English denomination) You can choose to have multiple records of books with the same metadata.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"You can choose to have multiple records of books with the same metadata."

And I need to, but Calibre keeps sending me warnings. I don't want auto-merge, I don't want to only add one book at a time, and I don't want the extra warnings and/or dialogues because I'm trying to add more than one book at a time.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Rename the title(s) before you add them to Calibre.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:03 PM   #5
MarjaE
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
Rename the title(s) before you add them to Calibre.
How am I supposed to do that? Why should I add even more work to trying to organize my books?

(I have Calibre configured to use the metadata title, usually "Untitled" for pdf books, as title, and the file name as #fulltitle, until I correct these in Calibre.)

Last edited by MarjaE; 03-10-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Tags
calibre, import books, pdfs