Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
babyadoresorange
babyadoresorange began at the beginning.

Device: ABC
Unable to select text on iOS Calibre Browser Viewer

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the Calibre Content Server to read on mobile. However, there is a huge drawback at the moment, that is I'm unable to select text in the viewer. When ever I hold to select the text, the Lookup interface popup, then I lose the selection when closing it.

Did anyone find a solution for this ? This seems like a bug for me.
babyadoresorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What is your goal in selecting text? And in any case in calibre 5 the viewer has support for highlighting, which allows you to make precise selections using selection handles.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
babyadoresorange
babyadoresorange began at the beginning.

Device: ABC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What is your goal in selecting text? And in any case in calibre 5 the viewer has support for highlighting, which allows you to make precise selections using selection handles.
Hi,

Thank you for your response.
Sometimes you want to select text to quote somewhere, to translate,...etc. The same reason we ever wanted to select a text I guess.

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about reading through calibre content server on mobile browser, not the viewer on PC. Or maybe I misunderstood, the highlighting features is not here yet ?

Regardless the problem, I think the Lookup interface poping up shouldn't behave like this on mobile. Because the selection text handle is a native feature of mobile, the poping up interface disable it, and we shouldn't override a native feature on principle, IMHO.
babyadoresorange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-browser-viewer, calibre-server