Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #166
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
1) Add "fit the content" to zoom options. Now there is only fit the width.

2) Cut margins for Djvu files

3) Let the browser remember user names and passwords

3) Show book titles in Chinese

Last edited by jshzh; 01-15-2011 at 08:36 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #167
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I add my vote for all the features requested by JP36 - replace the white boot up screen with one of our own, preferably simply by uploading an image of pre-prepared dimensions into an appropriate folder on the IQ; monolingual dictionaries; reversing buttons for page turns; install applications to the internal card. Access to Android Market is not such an issue for me, but would be nice if possible.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #168
omoplata
omoplata began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
With a little experience with my 903, here's my list of wanted features:

#1. Publish the SDK, so we can start improving things - because the current one doesn't work for this model.

#2. Zoom to pen marked region - it's simple, just wait for a stylus stroke and zoom in to the bounding box.

#3. Margin strip - the current zoom is often sufficient to remove left and right margins, but it always leaves the top margin, larger than before. I want to focus on the text, which instead gets pushed off the bottom edge for no reason. The scrolling buttons do not help because the vertical step is much larger than the horizontal.

#4. Note taking. Scribble is currently the closest in there, which is weird as the 15.1 SDK inkdemo demonstrates the note feature including adding and editing images. The 903 instead integrates the screenshots in contents and allows no editing, nearly useless.

#5. Publish the sources for the web browser - you appear to be in violation of the LGPL license it is under currently.

#6. Type-ahead with the buttons. Currently one has to wait for the display when moving through a list with the buttons; it should be possible to just tap for each row.

#7. Make the keyboard work without stylus as well, in case one doesn't want to use it, has only one hand available or loses the stylus. After all, the 902 must have a keyboard that works with buttons.

#8. Make the keyboard more responsive. It does not need to flash each virtual key when one taps many keys in sequence, the text itself is sufficient. Skip that animation when there are later taps in the queue.

#9. Stop popping up a "battery low, please charge" message when it is already charging. Better to make the battery indicator show a hint of current level while charging.

I might come up with more later.

Of course, the old promises such as text based notes for the 302 along with keyboard support must be fulfilled.
I'd like to vote for all of these. Thanks.
omoplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #169
gruen
gruen began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 603
I got a Pro603:
In the internet browser
1. I miss the function to increase the font size - it's too small for me.
2. The display should turn with rotation of the device (90 degrees).
gruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #170
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

It would be nice if 602 could have a "new words book/list" by providing an option to add selected words looked up while reading a book.
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #171
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
It would be nice if 602 could have a "new words book/list" by providing an option to add selected words looked up while reading a book.
That would be nice on any reader! Do some actually provide it?

It sounds like a simple thing to accomplish for any reader with dictionary capabilities.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:29 AM   #172
gruen
gruen began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 603
PB603: Neue Buecher sollten entweder direkt in der Favoriten Liste erscheinen oder in einem Ordner "Neu geladene Buecher".
gruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #173
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
That would be nice on any reader! Do some actually provide it?

It sounds like a simple thing to accomplish for any reader with dictionary capabilities.
Sony PRS650 keeps a log of words one has looked up. There are people who hacked previous Sony models to add more languages and functions but over all, especially the new Sony models, Sony E-readers are pretty much limited to "as is".

So far I really like Pocketbook's customized dictionaries. I hope the next firmware will take our suggestions. There are couple of guys from the company on the-ebook.org. They are quick at taking feedback and explaining things.

Last edited by jshzh; 01-21-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #174
donbex
donbex began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Quote:
+1
I was actually about to suggest this one myself. ^^
Also, +1 for supporting other file-systems on SD cards.

Here is a pdf related request:
- It would be nice if the reflow zoom factors were a bit more granular. The
text in some of my pdfs looks too small with the lowest 150% and too big
with the next step available (200%).

Here a sort of meta-suggestion:
- Wouldn't it be somewhat tidier to put up a bug tracker to manage all the
bug reports and the feature requests?

Thank you.

P.S.: I got a PB 602, 2.0.3 firmware.
donbex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #175
edward1207
edward1207 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
I bought PocketBook 902 mainly because of its large screen to read mangas. But reading mangas on this device is the most frustrating experience. Reading manga is the same as moving through a bunch of jpg/png files in some folder. But it could be a lot of files (150-200) so it is not possible to read the whole manga at once. But when I hit "Back" button, PB returns me to the first file in the folder (actually, file which was opened first) - NOT the file I was currently looking at. If I turn the PB off and then on, it does not display the latest picture, but show me the folder of graphic files instead with cursor on first file. It just does not remember the latest displayed graphic file. I have to write down the file name and then locate it manually.

Also it does not show the battery meter when displaying a graphic file. It's frustrating as you never know if the battery's running out of juice. And you cannot just hit "Back"/"Home" button as you'll loose the page/file you're reading.

So, my request is to fix this issue.
edward1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #176
Bonex
Connoisseur
Bonex began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by edward1207 View Post
I bought PocketBook 902 mainly because of its large screen to read mangas. But reading mangas on this device is the most frustrating experience. Reading manga is the same as moving through a bunch of jpg/png files in some folder. But it could be a lot of files (150-200) so it is not possible to read the whole manga at once. But when I hit "Back" button, PB returns me to the first file in the folder (actually, file which was opened first) - NOT the file I was currently looking at. If I turn the PB off and then on, it does not display the latest picture, but show me the folder of graphic files instead with cursor on first file. It just does not remember the latest displayed graphic file. I have to write down the file name and then locate it manually.

Me too!! Please, add support for .cbz books.
Bonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #177
jshzh
Addict

It would be nice if PB could open two books at the same time and switch between them.

But honestly I doubt any of our wanted features will be developed. My best guess is they are always busy with the next models.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:37 AM   #178
erverg
erverg began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
+1 Tags !!!
erverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #179
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Quote:
It would be nice if PB could open two books at the same time and switch between them.
Something similar is already there. You can set shortcut for "Last open books" to a hardware button. When you push the button, the quick menu opens and you can quickly switch to another book.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #180
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
Something similar is already there. You can set shortcut for "Last open books" to a hardware button. When you push the button, the quick menu opens and you can quickly switch to another book.
very nice tip, thank you!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote