Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Awesome! Seiko made a new E-Ink watch!

http://www.seikowatches.com/press/20...ls1003-06.html

The watch below is the showcase model, the one that will be for sale in Autumn 2010 will be slightly modified.

Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
The one thing in that article that truly interests me is this part:

Quote:
SEIKO has succeeded in reducing the power consumption very considerably, such that the watch requires just 1/100th of the power needed to run a same sized display using the current e-Book technology.
Imagine a current eInk device's pages-per-recharge count, and multiply it by 100. That'd be pretty sweet.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
jseay
Devotional Writer
jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Motorola Droid
This looks very interesting. I wonder how much it will cost.
jseay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Mobile phones with eInk screens have been out for quite a while; I guess watches were just a matter of time!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
Linda!
Enthusiast
Linda! has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Mobile phones with eInk screens have been out for quite a while; I guess watches were just a matter of time!
The clock has been ticking on the introduction of an eInk watch.
Linda! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
The watch below is the showcase model, the one that will be for sale in Autumn 2010 will be slightly modified.
I sure hope so! I'll pass on any watch that recalls my high school days...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
From 2007, see E-Ink Watch now for sale. The primary website would not come up for me, but they are available at Amazon for $162-$190. The Seiko watch face looks much nicer.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

<groan>

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
From 2007, see E-Ink Watch now for sale. The primary website would not come up for me, but they are available at Amazon for $162-$190. The Seiko watch face looks much nicer.
Ha! At the rate that I go through watches I will just stick to the $19.95 specials from Walmart
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I don't understand what problem this solves - what does it do other than tell the time? I have a watch that does that already.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd guess that it has a very long battery life compared with a mechanical or LCD watch.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
I don't understand what problem this solves - what does it do other than tell the time? I have a watch that does that already.
Maybe it doesn't need to "solve a problem?" Maybe it is just another display technology that can be used? Why not? I'd LOVE to have the watch on that photo (I wouldn't wear an analog watch if you gave me a Rolex.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
The one thing in that article that truly interests me is this part:

Imagine a current eInk device's pages-per-recharge count, and multiply it by 100. That'd be pretty sweet.
I think this is just poor wording. They probably mean "through the use of E-Ink we have achieved 1/100th the power consumption of same sized screens" (of LCD).
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote