Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
This looks fun -- new Pixar film called UP

I watched Wall-E on DVD the other night and it reminded me how much I just love Pixar movies. A simple, well-told story goes a long way for me.

I'm excited for their next film called UP. I thought I'd share the new trailer with you all. I was personally wowed by the animation -- especially the scene with the light filtering through the balloons into the room.

Your impressions?
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i agree !! those guys are amazing. i'm not necessarily interested in animation but i'll watch anything by pixar, their films are so gorgeous to look at. and this one looks like it good be a good story as well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
that looks like fun!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I agree Pixer is one of the best. I'm embarrassed to say that I've not watched Wall-E yet.

The DVD been sitting on my shelf, ready for a viewing, but I've just not had the time.

Still this post got me off my duff to convert it and a few other movies so that I can watch it on my iPhone when I get a little time.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Pixar is remarkable ... beyond great animation. The sort of thing that makes me really want to work more on my models (and lighting, and texturing ....).

I am so going to see this when it comes out. It looks great. Thanks for the link.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
digitalzen
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i agree !! those guys are amazing. i'm not necessarily interested in animation but i'll watch anything by pixar, their films are so gorgeous to look at. and this one looks like it good be a good story as well.
The story seems intriguing to me as well. By the looks of all those balloons, I'm guessing some fun--and perhaps unexpected--adventures await that 78-year old man and kid wilderness explorer! Can always count on Pixar for coming up with a unique and creative premise.

And speaking of visuals, I read that UP is the first Pixar film being released in Disney Digital 3D. Can only imagine what this will look like with 3D glasses
Old 11-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalzen View Post
The story seems intriguing to me as well. By the looks of all those balloons, I'm guessing some fun--and perhaps unexpected--adventures await that 78-year old man and kid wilderness explorer! Can always count on Pixar for coming up with a unique and creative premise.

And speaking of visuals, I read that UP is the first Pixar film being released in Disney Digital 3D. Can only imagine what this will look like with 3D glasses
digital 3D !!! zowie that sounds brilliant !!! i didn't know it was in 3D. how will that work though ? will it only work in theaters, or will the dvd also be in 3D ? will they give you the glasses at the cinema ? do you have to buy them ??? so many questions...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
digitalzen
Connoisseur

Quote:
digital 3D !!! zowie that sounds brilliant !!! i didn't know it was in 3D. how will that work though ? will it only work in theaters, or will the dvd also be in 3D ? will they give you the glasses at the cinema ? do you have to buy them ??? so many questions...
As far as I know, the 3D technology is adapted for the theater experience only. Select locations will show the film in Digital 3D and provide glasses. So probably a good idea to do a little research before you go (Fandango will have this information). This is speaking from my experience seeing Bolt in 3D last week -- which was a lot of fun!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Only cinemas that have a digital 3D projector can show those 3D films. Digital 3D allows stereoscopic vision like in "real life" where you see objects from two angles. That´s why digital 3D films are filmed from two different perspectives, one for each of your eyes.
The digital 3D film projector shows both pictures by turns and with different polarisation on the big screen. You have to use special glasses (without glasses you see only a blurry 2D picture). You get those glasses in cinemas and you don´t have to buy them. You just return them afterwards (they will be cleaned after using). The 3D glasses separate the pictures and your brain puts them together to one tree-dimensional pin sharp picture.

The glasses aren´t too fashionable, btw
Attached Images

ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
They did the same thing with 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'. I went to the 3D theatre at the mall to see it but your run of the mill Movie Theatre showed it in standard 2D.

Edit: I still have my glasses.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Are those 3-D glasses ok for people who also wear specs?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I saw the UP trailer last time I took the kids to a movie. The trailer made me laugh really hard. I'm looking forward to this one.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yes. They just fit over your normal glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Are those 3-D glasses ok for people who also wear specs?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
You have to use special glasses (without glasses you see only a blurry 2D picture). You get those glasses in cinemas and you don´t have to buy them. You just return them afterwards (they will be cleaned after using). The 3D glasses separate the pictures and your brain puts them together to one tree-dimensional pin sharp picture.

The glasses aren´t too fashionable, btw
Where we live they charge $2.00 extra per ticket for 3D movies. They say it's not for the glasses. I kept my first set of glasses which are much nicer than the red and blue cardboard ones, but do you think I could find them when they showed "Chuck" in 3D a couple weeks ago? Nooooo!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote