Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
khonshu
khonshu began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Bulk-add identifier

I would like to add a new identifier to a bunch of books recently imported in my library. The identifier is just to know where I got the books from, so it would be a string type (ex: sourceid:gutemberg_project ). How could I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Khonshu
khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by khonshu View Post
I would like to add a new identifier to a bunch of books recently imported in my library. The identifier is just to know where I got the books from, so it would be a string type (ex: sourceid:gutemberg_project ). How could I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Khonshu
If you mean the pgID, that can be added to {identifiers} by typing it in
eg pg:pg1234 (identifier type : value )

The other way is a tag (nb I save publisher for the source of the scanned file).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Identifiers are menat to be unique per book. So there is no way to set them in bulk. You caould probably do it using the search and replace tab of the bulk metadata edit dialog, but instead, I suggest using a custom column for it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
khonshu
khonshu began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Identifiers are menat to be unique per book. So there is no way to set them in bulk. You caould probably do it using the search and replace tab of the bulk metadata edit dialog, but instead, I suggest using a custom column for it.
Thanks, Kovid and theducks. After a second thought maybe the tag/custom_colum would fit better.
Amazing soft Kovid! And, because of it, an amazing community!!!
khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Knonshu, I use a custom column, tag-like and it allows you quite well to mark where you've got a book
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Knonshu, I use a custom column, tag-like and it allows you quite well to mark where you've got a book

Because each of my frequently used sources have specific download folders, I use Terisa de Morgan's Get File Name optional plugin to populate the custom column

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@khonshu: If you know the URL for the book on PG, then adding this as an identifier allows you to link back when needed and marks it as a PG sourced book. You can also add a rule for an identifier so that you can have something like "pg:55156" shows in the book details as "Project Gutenberg" and clicking it goes to the appropriate URL.

edit:

And if you do go this way, and have a list of the titles and URLs, you can use the Import List plugin to add the identifier to the books.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-20-2017 at 11:18 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote