Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
Help cleaning up the ebook viewer for periodicals

Hi,

Could you help me clean up a bit the standard PRS-T1 ebook viewer for periodicals?

I didn't like that when I open a periodical a big portion of the lower screen is dedicated to showing an empty bar with the button "Table of Contents". It's ugly. So I changed the layout.xml. I moved the button to the section bar, but.... Now where the ugly bar was now there's an empty black space (see screenshot), and for my life I can't seem to get rid of it.

I've been trying to remove it by giving things visibility "gone" here and there, but after of more than an hour of blindly poking I think I've run out of options (I'm an absolute newbie of Android tinkering) and I come here hoping that some of you can give me a hand or point me to the right direction

Here's the diff of what I changed on viewer_newspaper.xml.

And here's the resulting apk.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by grimborg; 07-21-2012 at 07:47 AM.
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Grimborg - there's some magic in the either the metadata.xml or the content.opf that is enabled when you set your device output profile in calibre to a Sony.

In an example metadata.xml here there's this fragment:
Code:
                <dcterms:conformsTo rdf:resource="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/periodicals/1.0/newspaper/1.0"/>
                <dcterms:type rdf:resource="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/datatype/newspaper"/>
                <dcterms:type rdf:resource="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/datatype/periodical"/>
and in content.opf there's this:
Code:
    <meta name="calibre:publication_type" content="periodical:unknown:Autosport"/>
Look for references to "sony" in calibre/ebooks/epub/periodical.py in the calibre source if you want more details.

For some reason, only a few (maybe one in ten?) periodicals open for me in "periodical mode". The rest appear just like normal epubs. I have no idea why this happens!

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
prs-t1