Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
SurrealDelight
SurrealDelight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire and GO launcher.

I recently installed the GO launcher on my Kindle, is there any way to make book shortcuts? So I can like make a folder and my books can be in there without me going to the original launcher and going from there?
SurrealDelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealDelight View Post
I recently installed the GO launcher on my Kindle, is there any way to make book shortcuts? So I can like make a folder and my books can be in there without me going to the original launcher and going from there?
I'm wishing for this too. Have not figured out a way.
The best I could do was to put a shortcut to FBReader (you can use Mantano or any other reader of epubs) and a shortcut to KF Launcher in the "app dock" at bottom of the screen by making a shortcut to those applications (long press and choose shortcut to application) on the screen and dragging them down to app dock at bottom of screen to replace a blank app shortcut (grab and move the bottom app drawer to the left to get to the blank ones).
When I exit the KF interface I make sure to leave it at the Books screen and so when I click on the Launcher icon in Go Launcher it takes me to the Book shelf in the KF interface.
Hopefully the developers of Go Launcher will be fixing it to work better on the Kindle Fire one of these days.

Last edited by Hope; 02-20-2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: correct error
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Looks like a new update 2.79 is now released.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
The KF refused to start up today (from sleep). I never even got to the Kindle Fire logo. It was fully charged and the only new things on there were Go Launcher and Rotating Wallpaper. It took me a series of shutting down several times (even though it wouldn't start I would long hold the button) plugging it in and long holding the button, plugging it in and letting it rest for a while etc etc even thought it was fully charged. Finally it started up and I removed Rot. Wallpaper because I thought it might have been the culprit once before. THings went well until I went away and it fell asleep. Went to use it and the whole thing happened again. I removed Go Launcher. All has been well for 8 hours of sleeping, waking and accidentally shutting it off once. This is very similar to some of the posts I have read online. It's the boring gray bookshelves for me. I really can't seen to live without the thing.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

That being said, it appears that Amazon is offering two "launchers" sanctioned for the Kindle Fire (maybe more--I didn't check any further). Smart Launcher and Homesmack. I didn't try Smart Launcher and I couldn't get Homesmack to work. Perhaps i was confused about what it was supposed to do. Too sick to fiddle.
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
The KF refused to start up today (from sleep). I never even got to the Kindle Fire logo. It was fully charged and the only new things on there were Go Launcher and Rotating Wallpaper. It took me a series of shutting down several times (even though it wouldn't start I would long hold the button) plugging it in and long holding the button, plugging it in and letting it rest for a while etc etc even thought it was fully charged. Finally it started up and I removed Rot. Wallpaper because I thought it might have been the culprit once before. THings went well until I went away and it fell asleep. Went to use it and the whole thing happened again. I removed Go Launcher. All has been well for 8 hours of sleeping, waking and accidentally shutting it off once. This is very similar to some of the posts I have read online. It's the boring gray bookshelves for me. I really can't seen to live without the thing.
Hi what version of Go launcher were you using and where Did you get the apk file.??

Also what images are you using with rotating wall paper?.. your own
and are you using any third party themes or just the default one that comes with GL?

Last edited by Anabran; 02-21-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
beej231
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Hi what version of Go launcher were you using and where Did you get the apk file.??

Also what images are you using with rotating wall paper?.. your own
and are you using any third party themes or just the default one that comes with GL?
I was using my own photos, not GL themes. I got the apk from 1mobile. I forget what version of GL was on there, probably not the same one both times. It doesn't matter, there's a problem. I believed everyone who said "It couldn't be GL," till it happened again. Now I go with my experience.