Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Treefrog
Treefrog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Question Calibre and update sony version software

Hello To All

I am so confused Help Opinions Please. I have just reinstalled the sony software without the latest update, thanks to the help at Mobile Read it works like a charm. I keep getting this window that indicates there is an update. The latest update is for the PRS 650 does anyone know if works with my PRS 600 or should I just leave it alone.

I would like to install a current version of Calibre or should I leave that alone too. I do not want to uninstall and reinstall if I do not have too. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Treefrog
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
I am so confused Help Opinions Please. I have just reinstalled the sony software without the latest update, thanks to the help at Mobile Read it works like a charm. I keep getting this window that indicates there is an update. The latest update is for the PRS 650 does anyone know if works with my PRS 600 or should I just leave it alone.

I would like to install a current version of Calibre or should I leave that alone too. I do not want to uninstall and reinstall if I do not have too. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Treefrog,

The update for the 650 will NOT work on a 600.

Calibre updates come out quite frequently. You can simply install the new version over the old version. It is worth doing, since updates often have useful additions!

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Treefrog
Treefrog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Smile Prs-600 Calibre Update and Sony Version

Hello BenChen

Thanks so very much, this whole thing was making me crazy. I did install Calibre working great. Finally !!!!

Sincere Treefrog
Linda
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote