Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Is there a way to turn off light completely?

Hello guys!

I'm getting eye problems when I'm looking into bluelight too long and I found no way to turn the light on the Voyage completely off in an official way.

Is it possible through a modified firmware to turn that light completely off?
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I should have done a better seach before, as this already was discussed. I apologize for my mistake and this won't happen again!!! This thread can be closed, as I managed to it with Frontlight master extension!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #3
N31
N31 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW KV
Code:
brightness 0:
echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness

brightness 51:      
echo 51 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness

brightness full: 
echo 239 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness
python command
import os
os.popen("echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness")
os.popen("echo 51 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness")
os.popen("echo 239 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness")
N31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #4
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N31 View Post
Code:
brightness 0:

brightness 51:      
echo 51 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness

brightness full: 
echo 239 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness
python command
import os
os.popen("echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness")
os.popen("echo 51 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness")
os.popen("echo 239 > /sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness")
Thank you very much, but the KUAL extension Frontligh Master already did it for me!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #5
N31

in Kterm〉
mntroot rw

find a certain correct config file add this line to the file
Old 07-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #6
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Quote:
in Kterm〉
mntroot rw

find a certain correct config file add this line to the file
But why?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
But why?
To turn off the light.
The "mntroot rw" is not required, /sys tree is not part of the root file system, it is a (virtual) file system of its own.

The exact path (and sometimes the name) will vary with Kernel version, but will only appear and appear as writable if the Kernel supports that control knob.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #8
N31

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
To turn off the light.
The "mntroot rw" is not required, /sys tree is not part of the root file system, it is a (virtual) file system of its own.

The exact path (and sometimes the name) will vary with Kernel version, but will only appear and appear as writable if the Kernel supports that control knob.
you are master!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #9
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Quote:
To turn off the light.
Quote:
you are master!
Okay, but I already mentioned that the KULA extension "Frontlight Master" turned my light completely off, so I think I don't any further modification.

But nonetheless, thank you both for your help!!!

Last edited by AnimalOfArt; 07-12-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
Okay, but I already mentioned that the KULA extension "Frontlight Master" turned my light completely off, so I think I don't any further modification.

But nonetheless, thank you both for your help!!!
This forum allows multiple answers to the question(s) posed in the title.
Somebody other than the O.P. might be interested in the alternatives.

@AmimalOfArt: If your satisfied with the answer you found, unsubscribe from this thread and stop reading it.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #11
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Quote:
@AmimalOfArt: If your satisfied with the answer you found, unsubscribe from this thread and stop reading it.
Oh no it's okay, I just thought you both were answering to me, so I responded to that. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I cannot see this multi-quote button. Maybe it's because of NoScript, although I whitelisted mobileread.com
Old 07-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
( The multiquote button is the un-named icon to the right of "> QUOTE". It looks like papers, stacked up. Click as many posts as you want to multi-quote, then click "QUOTE" on the last one. OR, if you didn't know it was the last one and it's now too late, click "NEW REPLY" and all your quotes will be in there. )
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #13
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
( The multiquote button is the un-named icon to the right of "> QUOTE". It looks like papers, stacked up. Click as many posts as you want to multi-quote, then click "QUOTE" on the last one. OR, if you didn't know it was the last one and it's now too late, click "NEW REPLY" and all your quotes will be in there. )
I don't have this option either.

to the right of the [ > Quote] button is just the border of the page, there are no other buttons for me.

Edit: I logged in to post this, and now I see it. So you have to be logged in while viewing comments to see this button.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I don't have this option either.

to the right of the [ > Quote] button is just the border of the page, there are no other buttons for me.

Edit: I logged in to post this, and now I see it. So you have to be logged in while viewing comments to see this button.
Not a big problem, you have to be logged in to post a quote anyway.
(Well, if you are not, the "quote" will offer to log you in, which can not happen with the multi-quote button - unless you can see it. )