Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #46
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have only used ADE for Library Books! IF you get the code I got call ADE...18008336687.... This is Not eReader malfunction! ADE has a list on their web of problems with Vista & Win 7 grrr IF you computer does Not reconize the Reader itself Do Factory reset. That dont work call readers CS.....18662044714 IF eReader bad they send New one! 1 yr warrenty!!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #47
vjplo
Enthusiast
vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.

Device: Literati
HOW DO I INSTALL CALIBRE WHEN IT DOWNLOADS INTO 7-ZIP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjplo View Post
Anyone use Calibre? I open it and it says there's an update to 7.44 in what looks like a hyperlink but it doesn't work. Should it work or do I just download the whole Calibre and old files will be removed but libraries will remain?
I feel so stupid.
Still feeling stupid. I downloaded Calibre once but now can't succeed for v7.44. Can anyone advise how to install Calibre after it downloads a long list of files into 7-Zip? I use Windows 7.
vjplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #48
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I had problems and removed the earlier release. Then it installed ok.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #49
drnvs
drnvs is on a distinguished road

Device: ebookwise, Kindle 2, Liberati
I still have one major problem with my Literati. I have reset it several times, I have done the factory resetting a number of times, I have changed the USB cables and yet my laptop would not recognize my device. Right now I transfer my books to a SD card and am able to read them on the device. But strangely though, every time the Literati is switched off and then on, one of the books on the SD card disappears on the book shelf! Has this happened to anyone? Nothing serious, though as the book is still on the SD card. Any comments and help on the first problem will be appreciated.
drnvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #50
nyjastul69
nyjastul69 began at the beginning.

My Literati has gone a bit wonky. It won't hold a bookmark. I can't delete anything. Regardless of what I shut it down while reading it returns to the same page and bookmarks for all books. It seems like it's locked-up and won't accept new commands.

I know, try the factory reset ( I have used the reset on the back of the device). I know I'll lose all the data I've added to the device. The pdf's are not a problem I have those on a disc and can easily load them again. My question is: Is there any way to retrive something from the Kobo bookstore after doing a factory reset? Am I simply screwed as far as bought books go?

Any previous experiences or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by nyjastul69; 02-11-2011 at 02:13 PM.
nyjastul69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #51
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjastul69 View Post
My Literati has gone a bit wonky. It won't hold a bookmark. I can't delete anything. Regardless of what I shut it down while reading it returns to the same page and bookmarks for all books. It seems like it's locked-up and won't accept new commands.

I know, try the factory reset ( I have used the reset on the back of the device). I know I'll lose all the data I've added to the device. The pdf's are not a problem I have those on a disc and can easily load them again. My question is: Is there any way to retrive something from the Kobo bookstore after doing a factory reset? Am I simply screwed as far as bought books go?

Any previous experiences or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
No matter what, the books you purchased from Kobo will be in your library on the Kobo site. You can go online and read them, and you can even move them to other devices, such as a smartphone. They are YOURS. You are not screwed!!
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #52
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjastul69 View Post
My question is: Is there any way to retrive something from the Kobo bookstore after doing a factory reset? Am I simply screwed as far as bought books go?

You should be able to just sync the device to get all your purchased books back on it. (No, I haven't tried it personally.)
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #53
nyjastul69

Thank you Kismatt and Mr. Pockets for the quick replies. I'm rather relived to hear that.

Edit: I did the factory reset. My Onboard Storage dropped to x MB of 210 MB, this is a drop from x MB of 252 MB. I've read here that I would lose some storage with the factory reset, although it wasn't as much as I expected.

I didn't have to reformat it or other such stuff. It automatically loaded the software version 2.0, which it was previously running. It also included the free 25 books.

I deleted all of the pre-loaded books (I couldn't delete anything before), so this is an improvement. I'm going to load the pdf's and Kobo books I want and see where that leaves, or takes me. I guess I'll give more info on my expereience as I get it.

This site has been most helpful. I'm glad I found it.

Last edited by nyjastul69; 02-11-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #54
tmsmatthews
tmsmatthews began at the beginning.

Device: literati
Hi everyone! Glad to see i am not the only one with probelms with thier literati! wish none of us did but at least im not alone! I only paid 34.00 for mine so IT WILL WORK! lol my issue is that it will not connect to wifi - it intially did out of the box and it did update just fine. However now it just pulls up the "forced" rescan page from the wireless setting page and that all that comes up! the "add network" option is no longer an option. I have reset it ... a few times both through the menu and the reset on the back.. any help would be greatly appreciated! i called tech support and they were closed and not open til monday.. hoping to get it resolved before then!! thanks in advance for any suggestions.
tmsmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 AM   #55
Rook008
Rook008 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook
I've only had my Literati for a few days, but I've never seen an "add network" option on it. It's running Software Version 2.0.
Rook008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #56
Rook008
Rook008 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook
One odd thing that I've noticed. I have about 50 books (the free stuff from Kobo) on the Literati's internal memory, and about 100 books (epubs) on a SD card. The "settings" page shows I've used 105 MB out of 210 MB on the Reader, and 41 MB out of 1963 MB on the 2 GB SD Card.

Should the 50 free books take up so much space?
Rook008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #57
nyjastul69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
You should be able to just sync the device to get all your purchased books back on it. (No, I haven't tried it personally.)
I just tried it, and it worked. It did exactly what you stated it would.

HUZZAH!

Last edited by nyjastul69; 02-12-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #58
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New question

Has anybody figured out how to "go to" a particular page? I can't find a menu option, and typing numbers on the keyboard (like on a Sony device) doesn't work...
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #59
Dave@Kobo
Dave@Kobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook008 View Post
I've only had my Literati for a few days, but I've never seen an "add network" option on it. It's running Software Version 2.0.
What do you want to achieve?
Dave@Kobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #60
Dave@Kobo
Dave@Kobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Has anybody figured out how to "go to" a particular page? I can't find a menu option, and typing numbers on the keyboard (like on a Sony device) doesn't work...
Hi curtw,

I'm sorry to say but this feature is not implemented.

-Dave
Dave@Kobo is offline   Reply With Quote