Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #1
DemeRain
DemeRain began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Bulk Input In Custom Columns

I’ve got two large but separate libraries. I plan to combine them into one. I’d like label all the stories as either read or unread before I combine the respective libraries. But I don’t want to do them individually. Is there a short cut that can change all the items in a column in bulk?

My custom columns are either yes/no only.
Or have text, but with a fixed set of permitted values.
Refer to the screenshot attached.

Keep in mind if offering an answer, I'm tech literate, but am by no means a programer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 21.56.02.png
Views:	250
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	159458  
DemeRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simplys elect all the rows you want to mark unread, click edit metadata which will open the bulk metadata dialog and make your change.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2017, 05:05 AM   #3
DemeRain
DemeRain began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Simplys elect all the rows you want to mark unread, click edit metadata which will open the bulk metadata dialog and make your change.
That did it. This is going to save me hours of clicking
DemeRain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, custom columns, preferences